driving in snow air filter soaked

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebombersfan

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
After makeing cardboard covers to protect the airfilter of snow I thought I covered it enough but apperantly not as after using it I noticed the snow still found some way to get to the air filter, I gave it a little squezze and sure enough it absorbed a little water, I'm hoping it didn't work it's way to the carb everything seems to be running okay. is there any ideas out there on how to deal with this problem

Outerwears makes a waterproof cover that you tie over the filter.

any cheap solutions

IMHO cheap solutions will mean less-than-needed results. If the filter is getting just a tad damp I wouldn't loose sleep over things. If you are soaking the thing then that is a different story.

Cheap solution for me was. Cut Pepsi can the length of air filter. punch hole in the end for the screw, and TADA.

It's a good idea to run an engine you really aren't too worried about wearing out when it's cold. You should throw up some pics White Snake. The pepsi can sounds like a pretty slick idea.

It's a good idea to run an engine you really aren't too worried about wearing out when it's cold. You should throw up some pics White Snake. The pepsi can sounds like a pretty slick idea.

As requested sir.
001.gif

002.gif

003.gif

004.gif

Back