"Driving" an R/C

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxracer

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Has any one ever thought about actually "DRIVING" an R/C????
I mean with a real steering wheel, real break and real gas pedle???
I was thinking about rigging something up so I can just slide my radio in and use the pedles and wheel!!! I would get two of those cameras the size of a penny and put one in the front and one in the back and have the screen right in front of me and make it like an arcade game!!! Some of the ladies have lights going in there revos that would be cool as well!!! So I can drive at night. (Spy on friends;)) An electric car of truck would be good for this as they a quiet!!!

P.S. If I can pull this off will you all give me a doller????

I've thought about it. I found out there is a company out in Arizona I think where you can race 1/4 scale r/c stock cars from a drivers position. The track and cars are outside and all the drivers are in the building. It's just like an arcade game except the car actually exists in real life. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Way back when I started racing, there was a disabled man that used a sewing machine pedal for throttle, and made a custom steering wheel for the steering. The whole rig had clamps to lock onto the drivers' stand with. Really a neat setup.

Way back when I started racing, there was a disabled man that used a sewing machine pedal for throttle, and made a custom steering wheel for the steering. The whole rig had clamps to lock onto the drivers' stand with. Really a neat setup.

It really amazes me what some people will do in this hobby! the first time I saw an RC, it was driven by a kid with no arms! the ingenuity some of these people have is astounding. and just so they can race little cars!

as for the video game car, cool idea but IMHO leave the video games for the console and the RC remote for the RCs

in the words of hank hill put down that got dang vid-ya game! lol no but the steering wheel set up sounds cool for sure.

I once installed a wireless camera on my old Rustler. The camera ran on a 9v battery, and the receiver had RCA jacks that went to the TV. So I sat in the living room with my car driving around the front yard.
This set up was different from what you are talking about, but when I read through this post you stirred up some memories.....
P.S. didn't work out too well as the camera didn't have much range, and when I would roll the Rustler I had to open the front door, run out there, flip it over, and come back inside.

How far could the camera go??

as for the video game car, cool idea but IMHO leave the video games for the console and the RC remote for the RCs

So that means that you won't give me a doller???:(

Has any one ever thought about actually "DRIVING" an R/C????
I mean with a real steering wheel, real break and real gas pedle???
I was thinking about rigging something up so I can just slide my radio in and use the pedles and wheel!!! I would get two of those cameras the size of a penny and put one in the front and one in the back and have the screen right in front of me and make it like an arcade game!!! Some of the ladies have lights going in there revos that would be cool as well!!! So I can drive at night. (Spy on friends;)) An electric car of truck would be good for this as they a quiet!!!

P.S. If I can pull this off will you all give me a doller????

I don't think it'll work out to well.

And, NO, I won't give you a dollar. :D

They did this the on that show "Prototype this"
It was with a RC18MT, it had a camera and it was driven with a video game steering wheel and pedals.

And just a FYI:
They were testing ways to make your car respond when your angry by stopping the throttle input.

The reason for the RC was to see what it would be like to drive a car from the drivers perspective while not in the car (They did a demolition derby to test if their "Anti anger" thing worked and it was to dangerous to be in the cars while testing, so they did RC with pedals and brake.
Good idea and it would be FUN For about Five minutes, then you have to keep getting out of your chair to flip your RC.

Last edited:
I don't have a t.v. so I woudn't know this stuff!!;)
If you have to keep going outside to flip your car ver them wouldn't you not want to flip it;);)