Driving a Monster Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badinfluence26

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have been out of the Rc hobby for some years now. I am almost completed putting my Big Block tmaxx 3.3 truck back together. My friend gave me a Spectrum DX3R PRO radio. Does anyone have any suggestions on what servo to buy. I built the truck to take a bashing. I am more interested in turning quickly than speed.

I personally like hi tech servos the best but there is a lot of other brands that I was told are good.
I have used protek

Actually just posted a video(TMaxx build tread)of my Spektrum S6230 servo in action on my TMaxx 3.3. This servo for the price is top notch. Also like that the wiring harness is removable and interchangeable with the shorter or longer harness.

It's a standard servo per size except low profile. As far as fitment on the TMaxx you either have to grind some material off the servo mounts closest to the front shock towers or direct mount that side of the servo like I did to fit the wiring harness since it's low profile.

Back