drift tires removal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaquiy18

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
hi guys.. i just want to ask if theres any way i could remove my tire from the wheel?? its a hard plastic tire..the tire is very worn now and i wanted to save my wheel so if theres any way that i could remove it??
thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what you mean by "hard plastic" but you can typically loosen the ca glue by soaking in acetone for a day or so. Keep it covered and open in a well ventilated area. I have used this method a few times and been able to save the rims everytime. I've heard boiling the tire/rim from some but havent tried it. Also heard the baking method mentioned but again never tried it

I prefer the baking method over boiling....havent tried the acetone as its freakin expensive. IDK how much drift tires are different from regular rims and tires....the same removal techniques may not work?

hard plastic means really hard.. I'm using a drift tire not the rubber one.. but its really hard to remove that tire..

The ones I saw slide off the rim to the inside of the rim. Those were just the ones I saw in Japan. They would use a small flat head screw driver and pry around the rim and work them off a little at a time. Looked pretty easy. I am sure they are not all the same though. I really don't drift so I am not a ton of help on it. but give that a shot and see if it works.