Drift tires on Redcat Blackout pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
Hey all..I was wondering if anyone has tried putting drift tires on a 4 wheel drive off-road truck. I wanna try them in my redcat Blackout..was wondering if this is a bad idea or something that could be potentially fun. I have upgraded the stock servo and servo saver so steering works pretty well now. Any incite? Thanks

a decade or more back we used to take our 1/8 scale MTs and put PVC pipe around the tires in order to have make shift drift tires. Its fun for a little bit but an actual drift kit is better imo

a decade or more back we used to take our 1/8 scale MTs and put PVC pipe around the tires in order to have make shift drift tires. Its fun for a little bit but an actual drift kit is better imo
I want a drift car but don't have a ton of places to use it..was thinking I could turn another vehicle into a drift vehicle once in awhile. Anyone have an suggestions for a good drift car that's under 300 and has some speed..over 30 at least.

I saw a Typhon with drift wheels on it the ither day. Maybe it was the Arrma forum? I say go for it. It will not handle like a real drift car, but will still be fun.

Kevin Talbot from youtube, I guess that's his name, wrapped duct tape around some tires and tried it. It work..

Whenever I drive on the road I really wanna be able to take quick turns but it just flips, even if it's not a perfect drift I'd like to be able to slide enough so as not to flip it. I'll give it a shot. I should prob drop shocks down as far as possible and maybe add some weight underneath.

Ya my HM124 was consistently traction rolling on pavement and asphalt then I adjusted the shock positions I dropped the rear to the lowest position least ground clearance and I put the front on the highest as in most ground clearance probably more technical terms for it but the end result is now my ass end on the car slides or drifts and never traction rolls now. I also added a spare tire to the roof for a scale look, body protection, and when it does roll the tire helps spring it over to its wheels with the momentum.