Dont Go Dissin the fine GS products....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j0olz

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay the gs storm buggies and the ofna buggies seem to be getting a lot of crud on these forums. Lemme tell u this: i have a kyosho inferno kanai2, mugen mbx r2, gs storm, gs storm pro, ofna hyper 7, hyper 7 pro, a t-maxx, a t-maxx 2.5, a nitro tc3 and a few electric cars. I'll have u know that all the cars up there are fully tricked out. Now what's getting me is that fact that everyone says that GS buggies and ofna buggiea are for n00bies and are not meant to be raced. I strongly disagree. I'va raced ofna and gs buggies at all my club races, and so far, i am the hotshot around there. It doesn't matter which buggy u have, it's all about ur setup and how good u are as a driver.....think about it.

Couldnt agree more - but, let me ask, what buggies of yours would you consider to be the 'most reliable' ?

Just a question - not looking for a fight ;)

IT IS however true that i have found my mugen cars to be most reliable.....but that still doesn't take away from that fact that a good driver and hot setup can beat any other buggy any day....

ill stick with my Ofna buggy I think it runs great and so far its held its own:D

Ultra MBX you know the cheap buggy:classic:

Yep thats the one:D One new engine .25 three thorsen diffs new wheels and tires. The look on the other drivers faces when I beat there high dollar buggies in a race priceless:cool:

Yes I did say I have the Ofna .25 in my buggy. I think it was like $130. I did need to do some grinding on the engine mount but it was no biggie, it took all of 10 to 15 minutes to do. It should fit in a 9.5 just as easy.

Oh and it runs great so far.

Joolz - tell me about the Kanai.

I've been eyeing them up. How does it perform, how available are parts, where do you get aftermarket hopups from??? What mill do you have? What radio do you run with it?

It is true that a good driver with a gs or ofna can beat mugens and kyoshos, but not everyone is a hot driver. And when you do make mistakes its always good to have a durable buggy. I have owned ofna buggies and they were big POS's. I wouold break somthing, fix it and then break somthing else. I just got rid of it and got my mugen. Which is a great buggy. As far as the kyosho goes, its also a great buggy, I just personnally like themugen better.

It seems to hold a tune ok as far as I can tell. You know me its running fine but I still mess with it to see if I can get more from it.

Well take your time there is no rush when it comes to getting a new engine. I got this one while I'm waiting for the Fantom .21 to come out.

i currently have 2 picco bp-01 engines and i definitely recommend them for any buggy. they are easy to tune and extremely competetive on the track. The price is also pretty good (260) at my lhs.

yea the bp-o1 engine is almost the same thing as the o-1 comp. I believe they are they same engine. Either or, they are both great engines. My o-1 comp runs great, has great power, and holds a tune awsome.

I understand but i gaurantee you that you will be far happier with a picco over an ofna...

I hear ya. If i were you i'd just wait until you can afford an engine and a box as opposed to buying a cheaper engine now. You will be happier in the long run in my opinion.

i believe picco makes a pullstart sport version of the bp-01. but ur never gonna get the same power as the race version because the pull start takes the place of the rear boost plate...which increases bottom end dramatically.

The pull start piccos are not even close to a bp-01. The 01 has 8 ports, and the pull start versions are 4 ports. Totally different engine. I owned a picco pull start sport engine, and it didn't even compare powerwise to my o-1 comp. They are totally different engines. And the boost plate does not add any hp to the engine, all the boost plate does is help smooth out the powerband. I've run my engine without the boost chamber and it made no noticable difference accept for the engine having a smoother powerband.

He is referring to the sport engine, that is the only pullstart engine that picco makes. I am positive of this, he just made a simple mistake thats all.