doesn't go forward but does go backwards

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXbigman123Xx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So for whatever reason my ¹/10 redcar blackout xte won't got forward but will go backwards. I've replaced the motor for sgits and giggles and that didn't do anything. I've also checked the remote and the switches were flipped or anything. So do I need a new esc? Or could there be something else I screwed up?

So for whatever reason my ¹/10 redcar blackout xte won't got forward but will go backwards. I've replaced the motor for sgits and giggles and that didn't do anything. I've also checked the remote and the switches were flipped or anything. So do I need a new esc? Or could there be something else I screwed up?

You might can try resetting the receiver an rebind the transmitter & receiver!
I have done that before an solved that issue!

You might can try resetting the receiver an rebind the transmitter & receiver!
I have done that before an solved that issue!
Ok so it doesn't want to bind do I have to replace my transmitter and receiver?

I know it's an obvious question, but have you carefully checked all of your wires going in and out of the receiver? sometimes they come out of the pins inside the plugs, even even though they are securely plugged in? Just a thought.

Ok so it doesn't want to bind do I have to replace my transmitter and receiver?

Not sure what you have ,but some has a reset button on it ,some ,you just hold
down a button to where a light indicator starts flashing ,then you turn on the
transmitter as it needs to be in the off mode ,after you get the receiver light
flashing ,then turn on transmitter ,the light on the receiver should stop flashing ,
then at that point pull the throttle on the transmitter ,make sure that the RC that
you have is off the ground!
What that does is resets the fields so that the signal from the receiver is giving the
right command to the ESC!
This might help ,depending on how that radio gear functions!...:cool:

I know it's an obvious question, but have you carefully checked all of your wires going in and out of the receiver? sometimes they come out of the pins inside the plugs, even even though they are securely plugged in? Just a thought.
Yes I have everything should be good

You can check and see if it is your transmitter. Put the steering servo on the throttle channel on your receiver and see if it only goes one way. If so, your transmitter has a bad throttle channel. Maybe it is something as simple as a loose wire in the transmitter.

You can also see if your esc needs recalibrated to the controller. I have had this happen before. Find the manual for your radio/receiver/esc. Rebind the transmitter and recalibrate your esc.

Some RXs can be tricky to bind. For example the RXs for my GT3b radio. After binding if you dont turn the ESC/RX power off first before turning off the radio, the next time you turn everything back on it wont be bound again.

Once you do get it rebound youll definitely want to recalibrate the ESC too.

Back