Does towerhobbies sell starter boxes??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was planning to get everything off of towerhobbies.com for my racing buggy, but i can't seem to find a single starter box off of towerhobbies. What could i be doing wrong?

pissant said:
I was planning to get everything off of towerhobbies.com for my racing buggy, but i can't seem to find a single starter box off of towerhobbies. What could i be doing wrong?
Look at what I found! All I did was open up their main page and type in "Starter Box" in the search window and it retured all kinds of starter boxes.

Did you try powering your PC on first? Did you have the keyboard plugged in? No... I know what it is... happens all of the time, did you change your processor oil lately? That always does it.

:jk: Just giving you poop man... only kidding. There you go though. Not sure why you had a problem finding them though. :boxing: :spit:

i must have typed it in wrong becuase it said search not found!!! thanks again

No biggie. Find what you need though?

yea i did iam getting the ofna 1/8 scale starter box for $74.99 is this one ok?, its got a 12v motor and do i need to get a battery and charger for it too??

Which one? There are a bunch of models, and they are all pretty much 12v.

Yes you will need a 12v battery and charger for the battery to power the starter box. Make sure you ground the wires when using the box and attaching the wires to your battery.

LMAO @ you saying power on your computer.. too funny.. hahah

The chrome top box is a good box.. i personally have this one.. and it cranks every motor.. brand new WS7II.. even one i got squeezed.. that was so tight.. i didnt think anything would bump it over..

when you mean ground are you talking about dont have them dangling form some where and keep everything place on the ground??

No I mean in the starter box you should have one end of each wire that goes to the battery touch a grounding point in the box, usually it has some screws that let you attach the wire firmly in place. With the box you intend to buy, it should already have it otherwise read the instructions, it will explain well what you need to do.

so if i get a starter box i need a battery and charger and i will be set??

That or you can run the power from your car battery... i do that on my 1/10 starterbox..

You can modify your starterbox to run on battery stick packs also, but yes, battery and charger is enough to get it going. You will need to adjust the spacers on the box with the provided hardware to suit your vehicle though.

Directly from the link that you posted...
INCLUDES: One Ofna 1/8 scale On/Off Road Starter Box with, 12V Motor, Battery harness, four rubber non-skid pads, four plastic spacers, four rubber feet, two 4mm x 10mm screws, three 4mm x 5mm screws, four 3mm x 8mm screws, one 4mm x 18mm screw.

REQUIRES: Charger for 12V battery (can use HCAP0200).
12V Battery (HCAP0800)
It tells you plain as day what is needed right there to run the box.

Man, you confuse me sometimes... actually most of the time... right here you said:
Then two posts later you say:
so if i get a starter box i need a battery and charger and i will be set??
I thought that WAS the box that you ALREADY ordered... it looks like you didn't order it or something??? Maybe by that last post that you are still just thinking about ordering one? I am so confused with you.

BTW, did you really think that grounding something when refering to electrical devices meant "not dangling wires from somewhere and keeping everything placed on the ground"? Come on dude... :hammer: