Does anyone notice a difference

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have put my 2018 servo in for myt steering and I don't notice a difference between that servo, the stock 2055 or the high torque servo I bought last month. Anyone else see this?

I have a HiTec digital Hi Torque servo handling steering duties. I noticed the difference in handling the first run. The truck was more responsive. It could turn from a standstill. Faster turn response. The new servo centered much better and held its line much more strongly.

I never tried to swap the two TRAXXAS servos in the fashion that you mention, because there isn't too much real difference in the servo strengths of the two. One is at 60 oz-in and the other is at 80 oz-in (or there abouts); my HiTec cranks out a whopping 170 oz-in. That kind of change is easily noticed.

I'm running a hitec servo also and it much better then the traxxas servos.

YES!

Last edited:
i have had a cirrus CS80 and now a hitec645mg, they are both a huge difference.

I have a hitec hs645mg also ands I don't notice a difference between that, the 2055 and the 2018 as far as using them for the steering. I also have put them all on the throttle as well and I don't notice a difference there either.

El what battery pack are you using to run your servos???

Originally posted by Hunter
El what battery pack are you using to run your servos???
Whatever the stock battery pack is for a t-maxx and using energizers for the batteries.

If you have'nt done this already put in new batteries it might just be your set is running low.

Bearings!!!???

Any of you guys pull the stock steering bushings and replace them with bearings? That was one of the very first mods I did - and it helps a ton. Steering is really much smoother, especially when stuff starts getting dirty. They're dirt cheap. They really help pull all the extra performance out of a high torque servo.

This sounds like an interesting problem. Perhaps you got a bad servo. I have been running the digital version of the hs645mg (that would be the hs5645mg), and even after a submarine ride the servo still outperforms the TRAXXAS servos and noticeably so.

Retread, that bearing idea sounds like a good mod. Is there a specific part number or item to look for or is it a generic part? What would I ask the LHS for when shopping for these bearings?

Is it possible your pillowball retainers are tight not letting the truck steer easy

Naw, they are fine. Even if they were too tight all 3 servos were tested under the same conditions they should have been a noticable difference in the way they performed.

One sure, two possibly, three extremely rare but out of 2 2018 servos, 2 2055 and 1 hitec hs 645mg all perform equal for both steering and throttle.