Does anyone know if this is an OK battery?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rip King MC

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
My friend has a Slash that he's giving me, and the batteries that he has for it have been sitting for months not in storage voltage, soi'm gonna need to get my own battery. I was looking for 3S LiPos with Traxxas plugs, and I found this one:
https://www.amazon.com/HOOVO-5200mA...6453&sprefix=3s+lipo+battery+t,aps,205&sr=8-5
Does anyone know if it's good or not? If not, do you have any recommendations for cheap LiPos with Traxxas connectors?

Never heard of them @Rip King MC.

I'd suggest checking out SMC LiPo batteries, such as this one. I'd also recommend using hard case LiPo's on any bashing RC or something that's going to be taking a lot of impact from jumps, etc. Just for the added protection.

Never heard of them @Rip King MC.

I'd suggest checking out SMC LiPo batteries, such as this one. I'd also recommend using hard case LiPo's on any bashing RC or something that's going to be taking a lot of impact from jumps, etc. Just for the added protection.
Thanks!

I bought a couple 2s Zeee batteries and am quite impressed with them.

Saw someone on the arrma forum I think that bought some of those hoovo's. If I run across it again, I'll grab the link.

I'm trying a couple "new to me" brands currently. Been running HRB 5000mah 3S 50C packs and Hobbystar 6200mah 3S 50C packs for over a year. I 4 of each. One of each started to be come slow to balance, but I always run them in the same pairs on my 6S trucks.

I'm trying out a pair of CNHL 3S 5000mah 65C Black Series packs and just bought a pair of Liperior 500mah 3S 65C packs.

I've only used the CNHL's 4-5 times so far in my outcast and ERBEv2. Their punch is as good as, if not better, than the larger hobbystar packs and their run time is better than the hrb's by a couple minutes on average.

I should get the liperior packs Friday and use the Saturday if it cools off, so will see how they do. I was going to buy the 75C liperior, but the 65C were a bit cheaper and I really wanted to see how they did.

Really hoping the CNHL's continue to perform well and that the Liperior's do too because they are both cheap and I won't feel so conflicted (ha) at running them to 3.4V every time I run them.

For 3 years, all I ran were SMC 2S packs as I only ran 4S in my big trucks and 2S in my small trucks. Their packs seemed to last me about 12-16 months before dropping a cell or getting really slow to balance. I had the 9000mah, 7200mah, 7400mah. I think I had 4 of each. TBH, I didn't care for how they were built as they were all 2S2P (2 cells in parallel in pairs wired in series), which gives you more capacity/current using smaller/cheaper cells and doubles the chance a cell will crap out on you, since there's twice as many.

I charge to 4.2, set LVC's to 3.4-3.5 (3 esc's currently just do low/med/high, can't set the V, I use med) and storage charge at the end of every day.

Saw someone on the arrma forum I think that bought some of those hoovo's. If I run across it again, I'll grab the link.

I'm trying a couple "new to me" brands currently. Been running HRB 5000mah 3S 50C packs and Hobbystar 6200mah 3S 50C packs for over a year. I 4 of each. One of each started to be come slow to balance, but I always run them in the same pairs on my 6S trucks.

I'm trying out a pair of CNHL 3S 5000mah 65C Black Series packs and just bought a pair of Liperior 500mah 3S 65C packs.

I've only used the CNHL's 4-5 times so far in my outcast and ERBEv2. Their punch is as good as, if not better, than the larger hobbystar packs and their run time is better than the hrb's by a couple minutes on average.

I should get the liperior packs Friday and use the Saturday if it cools off, so will see how they do. I was going to buy the 75C liperior, but the 65C were a bit cheaper and I really wanted to see how they did.

Really hoping the CNHL's continue to perform well and that the Liperior's do too because they are both cheap and I won't feel so conflicted (ha) at running them to 3.4V every time I run them.

For 3 years, all I ran were SMC 2S packs as I only ran 4S in my big trucks and 2S in my small trucks. Their packs seemed to last me about 12-16 months before dropping a cell or getting really slow to balance. I had the 9000mah, 7200mah, 7400mah. I think I had 4 of each. TBH, I didn't care for how they were built as they were all 2S2P (2 cells in parallel in pairs wired in series), which gives you more capacity/current using smaller/cheaper cells and doubles the chance a cell will crap out on you, since there's twice as many.

I charge to 4.2, set LVC's to 3.4-3.5 (3 esc's currently just do low/med/high, can't set the V, I use med) and storage charge at the end of every day.
Just found a few posts an Arrma Forum bout' them. Seems like they're pretty good!