does anyone kno how

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyd

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i was looking at some of your truggies and decided i wanted one. i thought this would be a good first project to turn my rs4 nmt into a truggy. I'm saving some money to start. i was wondering if anyone knows how i could mount a 1/8 scale rear buggy wing onto my rs4 nmt?

To clarify, a truggy is a truck based off of a buggy chassis. But to turn your nmt to a true MT you may have a tough time. You can fab something up to fit the wing, but that is only a start. You will need to regear in some way for MT tires,and you need some way to mount them. Those are 2 of the big problems when looking to convert one class of RC to another. ANYTHING is can be done, but it takes time,$$$,and thinking "outside the box" sometimes!

In my opinion, the NMT isn't a good truck to put tires/wheels on that are any larger than stock. The arms are weak and so are the c-hubs. I had one for a short while and broke 3 arms and 4 c-hubs. The shocks aren't that great either. With more weight (like heavier tires), it will tear them apart on a rough landing.

I'd keep saving until you can afford an actual truggy. It will be cheaper in the long run.

and the wing does not make it a truggy...the driveline having a center diff (IMO) is what makes it a truggy....and I also agree w/ olds and PSU, it's just not a good platform to convert....IF you did I'd say stick w/ the stock size tires and make it a 10 scale truggy...that would be kick ass....

Yea getting a center diff in a NMT will be quite the task. Other than that it basically is a 1/10 truggy. My friend has the MT2 18SS and added sway bars and some Jato tires and it really handles similar to a truggy. Key thing here is the center diff.

thanks for the advice. from what you all said i still want to make one. but it will not be a true truggy. it will still be a 1/10 scale. i will be getting aluminium suspension arms and hubs. i will be making the front wheel base wider so i can put bigger tires by putting rear suspension arms on the front. i did that before so I'm sure that will work. about the center diff i made a smaller one before so if i can make one that will work then i will. engine swap and a 2 speed. i remember seeing a nmt with a 1/8 scale wing a while ago but can't remember where. i think i can do this. will be looking atsome of your pics you posted for ideas.