do not use Nitro "top fuel" to start your grill

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like someone was fueling around and made an ash of themselves.....

Stupid ass must have been pouring it directly out of the can for that to happen.

Too bad the kid is the one who will suffer for his mothers stupidity. I swear some people are simply to dumb to be allowed to breed.

Wouldnt have happened if they were smart enough to go brushless and lipo...:D

Sucks the kid got it though.

the list of mistakes made are to many to list. guy things are FOR GUYS. girls STAY A WAY!!!!!!!! now they will out law methanol and/or nitro. buy people that dont even know which end of a screwdriver to grab. ever hear "use as instructed."

The mom should be charged with being stupid and a danger to her child!

I'll never understand why people insist on throwing the match as soon as they pour the lighter fluid or nitro in this case. Soak the charcoal with lighter fluid and let it sit for about 10 minutes, walk up to it and use a lighter or match and it will slowly light instead of exploding! It actually stays burning like that also.

In order for the can to explode like it did, there was already a source of ignition in the charcoal she had already tried to light. She poured it directly onto the grill and it lit up the can. There's no "Sprayer" on a fuel can.
She's a complete idiot. Poor kid.

What will she do next, sue Traxxas?

Chimney starter with newspaper is how I roll. I haven't use lighter fluid for over 20 years. It can ruin the flavor of the meat.

Before anybody starts in.....PISS ON GAS GRILLES!

"Taste the meat not the heat!" --Hank Hill, Assistant Manager of Strickland Propane

I could totally see her thowing a law suit on Traxxas for it. Obviously it is not their fault, but I can see it going that way.

PISS ON GAS GRILLES!

Cooking on a gas grill is a learned skill, I burned everything for a while but now it's all good! I still like charcoal but I use the gas grill more often mainly because it's ready to go faster.

I'm a propane guy...Although, I caught my stainless grill on fire last year cooking ribs. Was scary as hell till I got it out lmao.

Its scary enough litghting a small fire with that stuff, jeesh

As the old man would say, "stupid is what stupid does."
Nothing beats a big juicy steak cooked over a charcoal grill, with a hint of nitro methane! :D

I use my fuel that was in my refilling bottle that didn't get used to start fires in my fire pit. I throw a match at it though, the one time I used a roman candle now that was a un time.

Silly article writers, who uses top fuel in airplanes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just call the fire dept and get your drivers license and your meds, BEFORE you light it. so they wont have to ask you for them.

Back