DJI F450 Quadcopter FPV Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is a beast!! It doesn't seem that big in the first few pictures, but seein the gopro on it at that angle shows how big it is, Hope you get to come up for a visit and film some races for us:D

What a great setup!
As much as I'd love to build one to mount my Hero cam on, the quad is the ONLY thing in my RealFlight simulator that I can't fly.
As soon as it gets a short distance from my I can't tell which way it's facing. :\

That thing is a beast!! It doesn't seem that big in the first few pictures, but seein the gopro on it at that angle shows how big it is, Hope you get to come up for a visit and film some races for us:D

Definitely planning on making it out for sure buddy.

What a great setup!
As much as I'd love to build one to mount my Hero cam on, the quad is the ONLY thing in my RealFlight simulator that I can't fly.
As soon as it gets a short distance from my I can't tell which way it's facing. :\

Hey thanks Rolex. I had a hard time with orientation at first, when I started quads with the MQX. Eventually, you just sort of know how much aileron bank, rudder, etc it takes to swing the bird around in a turn when it's hard to see the different colors on the arms (mine has the red arms for forward). And if all else fails, it is a quad, and very stable so you can just go to a hover then figure it out. With the FPV setup however, it doesn't matter as you're always in the cockpit facing forward.

One other thing you should consider. Quads have no failsafe at all. I know, mine fell out of the sky a few times, once from 10m up when a prop failed. At least with the hex if one motor fails there are two beside it to keep it upright.

One other thing you should consider. Quads have no failsafe at all. I know, mine fell out of the sky a few times, once from 10m up when a prop failed. At least with the hex if one motor fails there are two beside it to keep it upright.

Yeah, I understand that. There are pros and cons for each design. For me, the aerobatic capability and cheaper crash cost of the quad won out vs a hexa or octocopter. The DJI props are gone just as soon as my new ones show up, most likely before it gets flown again. A catastrophic failure on the quad is no different than on one of my helis, it's an assumed risk. I get where you're coming from though.

Back