Dirt Oval R/C Racing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I don't see much mentioned about dirt oval racing around here,but the NSCS(Nitro Sprint Car Series) held a race in Joplin MO last weekend. I thought you guys might enjoy something different,I did! I took my son out to watch and check it out. Turns out it was really impressive. They had 4 classes running,Nitro Sprint Car,Electric Sprint Car,Pro Modified and 1/8 Late Model.

Electric Sprint cars. To me this class was boring. They look the same outside,are just as fast but it just seemed wrong to me. TOO quiet!

The Nitro Sprints were cool! They were fast,sideways and just as wild as their 1:1 counterparts.

The ProModifieds(basically the same as the EDM cars or Eastern Dirt Modifieds) were really neat. This is a basic entry level car to start with. Basically a 2wd stadium truck with a modified body.

1/8 LateModel was simply amazing! This was the largest class there. They are insanely fast cars. These cars run WOT most of the race, very lightly off the throttle to pitch the car into the turns them WOT again. The most popular engine in the class was the Dynamite Platinum .21 XP.

I really wish I had taken my good camera for this race. There were a total of 86 entries and the Joplin R/C Raceway is a very nice facility. Keeping it safe and FAMILY oriented is #1 priority. No booze,no foul language and you better stay behind the roped area to watch. We didn't et to stay for the mains and my son was very disappointed. He says it ws the best thing he'd ever seen. :)

Here's few pics from my cell phone. I'm sure I'll be back out there and I'll get better pics and video when I do.

thecars.JPG

sprints.JPG

modifieds.JPG

sign.JPG

Last edited:
thats sweet...you didn't happen to get any video did you?.

what companies make the nitro sprints?..or are most of them costom deals?.. i think that could become pretty popular all over the place if there were more options in cars

-Austin

Edit:..Didn't notice you said you didn't get video..

Last edited:
Awesome Randy! I wish you had some video of that. Maybe somebody else there took some and put it on youtube?.?

Nice bit of info on another interesting aspect of the hobby. I like that they are publicly stating that this is family oriented.

Back