Direct Fit OS .15 CV-RX (S) with Warranty

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok - Here it is - as advertised on page 79 of Octobers issue of "Radio Control Nitro" mag.

.15 CV-RX (S) w/10E-R Rotary Carb
Displacement: 2.49cc or .152ci
Bore: .598 in (15.2mm)
Stroke: .539 in (13.7mm)
Practical RPM Range: 4,000-36,000
Output: 1.2 ps @ 31,000 rpm
Weight w/pull start: 9 oz (253g)
Weight wo/pull start: 7 oz (193g)
2 Year Warranty

According to the ad - "And with its shortened crankshaft, the .15 CV-RX is a direct drop-in for your truck with no modifications needed"

2 big things I liked to see
The 2 year warranty
Direct fit with no mods!

As most have seen argued, the "R" series never coming with a warranty. Well, this ones in writing ;)

Just an FYI!

Later,
-Chris

I'm awaiting a direct response from O.S. on this issue as I am with you on the whole "For the quality they should have a warranty" idea.

Ill keep you posted.

-Chris

Can you Say TRX2.5 KILLER

Oh man I bet Traxxas is just loving that news. I think its great that this engine is on the way..
Don't get me wrong I am glad traxxas has this supposedly great Mill becasue what they had was lacking I just think its funny they want us to belive its a Phantom and OS killer.. X

I really don't see that happening. The OS CVRX is gonna stomp the new TRX! I can't believe they want $105 to do the engine swap from a trx pro to the new engine. Not worth it in my opinion when for a few bucks more you can get a sweet engine like a fantom or OS.

Well dont count on being able to ever tade in your TRX pro 15 for the new 2.5 soon anyways. I have corresponded directly with Traxxas employees and there is not set date. And from the sounds of it, they may choose not to ever, and can.

Oh well.

I can either pay to have a port job done or even do it myself for less hehehe....

Sorry - I shouldnt knock it, I havent seen or run it yet. Personally I can't wait to see one in action.

I have no plans on ever trading up, its not the best way to go imo. I too want to see it run though, its really nice for someone just getting a T now. But for all of us who are already way past all the mods the new one comes with, to me its just another T. A better STOCK T yes, but just another T. I am very happy with my hopped up old older model.:D

the cvrx short shaft is out now,and here in the uk we have always had a warranty on them,the no warranty is illegal over here,cool or what?

if the article in the mag is correct,i think they will sell more your side of the pond,people tend to buy the fantom in part cos it has a warranty.

the no warranty is illegal over here,cool or what?

as i said,we have one on the cvrx.

but we had it first for the same product,so it is a plus for UK maxxers,usually we have to send it back to your side of the pond to claim.

The new CVRX (S) is available here now and retails for about 200 bucks.

All R series engines I looked through at the LHS have a warranty. The ONLY one in question is the "TR" series. Aside from that, my CVR came with a warranty too.

The reason I posted about the warranty in the first place is because on the "OTHER" message board I'm always told I'm wrong. Which is really beginning to PISS ME OFF! Read this one for giggles:

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100086

-Chris

i would say that some people will get their fingers burnt,buying on the strength of the ad and having trouble with their lhs when a claim is needed.

Hey I'm running OS , my T kicks butt But I was smart enough to get a .15 not a .12 :D j/k, I have an OS CVX15 with a RRP vented flywheel, mip clutch, Racers edge 18 tooth clutch bell with Dynamite sealed bearings. Duratrax header, and a Mutant head as soon as the mailman gets off his duff and gets it to me. mounted on a finned billet aluminum competition products engine mount. And it is a baaaaad engine!

Originally posted by NCNitro
Hey I'm running OS , my T kicks butt But I was smart enough to get a .15 not a .12 :D j/k, I have an OS CVX15 with a RRP vented flywheel, mip clutch, Racers edge 18 tooth clutch bell with Dynamite sealed bearings. Duratrax header, and a Mutant head as soon as the mailman gets off his duff and gets it to me. mounted on a finned billet aluminum competition products engine mount. And it is a baaaaad engine!

you could have just said " I HAVE EVERY POSSILBE COOL UPGRADE ON MY ENGINE" X

.15 cvrx,nj bth,cvec without the spring setup,motorsaver,rrp vented flywheel,MIP clutch and just got all thr RRP clutch bells.reliable and sounds so grunty.