direct drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk8freak123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys it's been a while since i've posted here, got back into the hobby, jus wondering i wanted to make a scale 2wd nitro prerunner... but i want to bypass the transmission... if i could make up somesort of direct drive off of a clutchbell to a drive shaft to the rear axle... would that work or do i have to have a transmission?

Maybe make some sort of custom driveshaft that'll spline to the clutch bell's teeth?

I've seen some direct drive nitro drag cars, not seen a truck/pre-runner before. If you plan on doing any jumping you'll probably wish you had a trans/slipper of some sort though...

HTH...
Mark

If you intend to drive it like a pre-runner, you really ought to have a slipper at the very least. This will help keep from breaking expensive parts like engine shafts and spurs and pinions.

Plus one on the slipper setup. If I were thinking about something like this I would base it off the Slash rear-end and motor setup. Yes, that is electric, but it would be a ton easier than a nitro direct drive set-up.

Back