Direct 21 fit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade88

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What 21 or bigger is a direct fit for a replacement engine for my Savage?Without mods.

Just about every .21 is a direct fit replacement. The Savage is built for .21 engines. As for the larger engines, you can drop in a Picco Outlaw .26, the new HPI engine NitroStar .25, the Sirio .27....

The options at this point are various.

In another thread you mentioned that your LHS was going to be receiving Savages with a .26 engine in them. Looks like HPI is now releasing a kit version of the Savage with a .25 in it. Maybe that is what they were talking about.

Anyway, the limiting factor on the engine replacement is your bank. How much money can you afford to spend and how much are you willing to spend? That will determine which of the many engines you can drop in.

At the moment to two performers that are selling like they are going out of style are the Hyper .21 8-port and the Outlaw .26 by Picco.

Does the outlaw 26 bolt on directly? if so thats for me! what would I have to upgrade?

the picco 26 is a direct fit, but if you use a differant clutch bell....you might have to modify a little...plus the linkage was a little screwy...other than that it fits fine......

what clutch bell?

the clutch bell...you know the thing that turns your spur gear....

yes duh! waht make though?

i dont understand your question there?

Sorry, what other clutch bell must I use as well as clutches?

well I just used the ofan 16 th clutch bell and mugen 3 shoe clutch and flywheel, but there are others out there...

hpi is coming out with a 49th spur gear and a 18th cb.

Would that be Metal? Or corny composite?

Like the Savage pipe?
I'm asking if its corny composite as in weak quality poopy ass break in two runs cen composite.

No, it's not. I've had mine on my Savage since I bought it and have put my Sagage through hell too but not broken composite exhaust.

I was talking about the Spur Gear. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was saying that the Savage composite pipe is one of those "meaty" composite's out there.

Back