Differentials??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what is the difference between a 6 spyder and a 8 spyder differential?? Looking at the ones UE puts out. Don't know which ones to buy! Give me a hand here! Thanks in advance!:w00t:

Woody

Well, my thinking is that it has more gears. Or maybe the gears mesh differently. Who knows?? I would really like to know! I'm thinking that I need to build up my tranny before the differentials though. This project is taking terribly to long! Anybody else with ideas about the difference in 6 spyder and 8 spyder differentials??
Let me know!

Woody

Sorry, didn't realise you didn't understand that portion. 8 means there are 8 spyder gears instead of the 6. The 8 makes it stronger and last longer.

The tranny blows out just as bad as your diffs if not more so. I went with a full RRP gear set for my trans and spur. As for the diffs, I use aluminum diff cases (integy) and maximizer diff cups. I also shimmed for minimal gear slop. I'm starting gallon#2 without rebuilding either the trans or the diffs.

Back