different clutch bell on my tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynacopas

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys anyone ever try different clutch bells. I know the lower number teeth will make it acclerate quicker. But how far do you have to go to see a difference. Any opinions welcome.

thanks

I've been curious about this also. My maxx came with a 22t bell. I just bought a 20t and 18t to experiment with when I get everything else back together.
Just how big of a difference does a couple teeth make? I realize that's kind of a hard question to answer... LOL

I put an 19 t bell on the one I used to have and it turned it into a wheelie monster! I lost some top end speed but the thing was a blast!

ok I have a question? does any clutch bell fit or every engine has specific type of clutch bell? like any of these work Link ?

Not sure what t-maxx you have, but traxxas does list out the appropriate bells for their rigs in the manual.

Most of the bells that come to the top on that link are 1M 1/8 scale bells. The maxx/jato run 32P/.8M pitch teeth on their spurs/bells.

You need one of 4118, 4120, 4122, 4124 (18T/20T/22T/24T respectively)

Just how big of a difference does a couple teeth make?

Average top speed difference of a Tmaxx for clutch bell & spur gear change:

Clutch bell: 1 tooth difference = approx 2mph + or -
Spur gear: 2 tooth difference = approx 1mph + or -

I have been thinking about changing to a 18T because since I installed the GH front bulkhead I have had issues popping wheelies, but I also have the suspension set almost as low as possible and the true track rear kit on the rig. I will just have to experiment and see what happens.

Well I ordered at 16, 17, & 18T clutch bells so I can experiment and see what I like. They are Racers Edge brand and all come with bearings. So it shouldn't be to bad.