Difference between hpi and king motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbugs

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm going to look at a 5t, never had one and sound like a good deal. What should I look for and how can I tell if its an hpi 5t or a king motors truck? I've looked at pix online but i'm a noob and they look the same to me. Thanks

King Motors is a knock-off of the HPI. They usually use less expensive parts that don't hold up as well as the original.

I own a Baja 5b and have beat the snot out of it without any major repairs.

actually the KING MOTORS cars do hold up, there is one here @ our track and it s a couple yrs old now and it still has it ORIGINAL plastic arms/shock towers etc on it.. the only thing it has broke is the pulls start, and some fins on the flywheel from pebbles getting inside9which also happens on the baja;) other then that it is still going strong...:D

I've got a KM alloy and never had any problems with it apart from the radio gear,that was soon changed.Never broke a part yet.I have also got a 5BSS and a 5T and had broken part after broken part.
Picture745.jpg

Picture747.jpg

Picture665.jpg

Picture430.jpg

Picture520.jpg

Picture522.jpg

Picture530.jpg

J:p:

I'm diggin that mini jack and jack stand!

nice rigs u have there...

where did you get that clear wing for the B?

Back