difference between bushings and bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truggy83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I noticed that the right left rear tire of my nitro stampede had a lot more play in it than the other tires. Under hard acceleration it would rotate and shift at an odd angle causing the car to sometimes become unstable or sway back and forth. I took it apart tonight and noticed that it has brass bushings inside that the stub axles fit inside. I always thought there would be bearings in there. I have an extra set of bearings that I am not using and put them in there to see if the bushings were the problem. Replacing the bushings with bearings was enough to correct the problem. Would it do any harm leaving wheel bearings in there instead of bushings? They are both the same size 5x11x4. I was just wonder if it would cause any problems later on down the road using bearings instead.

No. They use bushings to cut back on costs of majority of the RTR rigs. Adding bearings will always be an upgrade. It will help with speed, heat, runtime (on electrics), and are just more efficient by putting less strain on the rest of the drivetrain motor/engine.

No. They use bushings to cut back on costs of majority of the RTR rigs. Adding bearings will always be an upgrade. It will help with speed, heat, runtime (on electrics), and are just more efficient by putting less strain on the rest of the drivetrain motor/engine.

Thanks. :)

Back