Diff outdrives/brake disc.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I keep breaking diff out drives, my 3rd one yesterday in 1/2 a gallon. Also my brake disc binds on the shaft anyime gravity can make it lean a little forward or back. I really think losi dropped the ball on that one. I now know this has been causing my problem, because when I land a jump I can see the brake binds a time or two then the truck will roll again. I need to find a better brake or at least better outdrives. Are all outdrives the same on lst? I've seen the silver ones (3540) and black ones (3503) but can't find any good info.

Your busting the ones to your wheel axles or the center ones?

Either way, I'm running originals on mine, 12+ gallons of use on the diff gears, center axles and cups. The only diff work I've done was fluid replacement, bearing replacement and upgrading to the HD cups with the hardened steel x-pin holders. The latter was done two years ago.

Are you running LST2 versions or LST1/AS/RAM versions? Pretty sure the cups are the same for both though... as I've bought spare LST2 diffs for mine that have been in the parts box for 3 years waiting...

Yeah the ones going out to the wheels keep breaking. In the rear I broke one with my slipper too tight, then the other one from a friend's crappy driving. Then I broke a front one after a landing when I know I didn't hit the brake, it was the discs binding. I can't believe losi designed it that way. I absolutely love my xxl, but that crap drives me nuts. Anyway I have ordered the hd cups from the 8ight (black ones) to replace the weak silver ones. Thanks for the help.

Back