Diff help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rc_Noobie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi.
I got a new rear diff for my wltoys 12428 and when I put the diff on the car the front and the back wheels were going in opposite direction from each other. I am 100% sure that the diff's are not upside down. Idk what to do. can someone help me on what to down and how to fix this problem??? Thank you

Hey Woodie I am pretty sure that the diff is in the correct direction. I there anyway to open it up and switch the gears from inside to go forward Thx

Hey Woodie I am pretty sure that the diff is in the correct direction. I there anyway to open it up and switch the gears from inside to go forward Thx
the only way to change the direction of a single axle like that is to flip the diff, the ring gear needs to be on the other side of the drive pinion gear.

If only one axle is spinning the wrong way though, or at least that's what I understood from the question.

The manufacture could have reversed the wires on the motor causing the motor to run backwards ,
being it be a cheap WLT toys brand!

The manufacture could have reversed the wires on the motor causing the motor to run backwards ,
being it be a cheap WLT toys brand!
not going to say that probably hasnt happened, but if the motor is reversed, it will reverse the rotation of both axles. making the front spin backwards and the rear spin forwards, kind of like if you flip the diffs in our MGTs, if you reverse rotations it will just push the truck together instead of pulling the truck apart. unless there is a stand-alone motor per axle on the vehicle in question, i am not familiar with the vehicle all that much.

Reversing the motor will just make both axles spin the opposite direction... won’t fix it. Your diff is upside down.

Back