Diff building Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can anyone tell me what would be involved in building a diff from scratch? I am building a T from the ground up and I am down to the last few parts. I was thinking of just building some diffs for it. Thanks for any help.

Its basically building you spider gears up in your ring gear cup then installing your ring gear assembly and your pinion and bearings into your diff cases and screwing together.The real trick is shiming your diffs so there is little lash in the gears so they last.Anyone got any tips on shiming the stock diffs?What shims you use etc?

You can usually find some diffs on ebay for around $15-20 already assembled. That's cheaper than building them and they are usually new for that price.

I have had the worst luck with e-bay, I always seem to get out bid at the last minute usually by some jerk who puts it back on ebay a week later for more money.

Look in the manual and all the part numbers are there:classic:

dude you can build my 1:8 diffs for me,i have never seen inside a transmission or diff before,now i`m building my 10mm FOC from scratch,all new parts looking at poor instructions and traxxas exploded views.;)

Good luck Easy, let me know how you make out. I think I may be building a foc tranny too in the near future. Guys want way too much just for a tranny when you can find maxxes all over complete for about 200 right now.

Back