diff between FlySky gt3b and gt3c?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bstrang6

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
It seems as if the c is newer, but the b is much better looking. What are the differences between the two radios? I am thinking about picking it up instead of spending a ton of money on a radio right now.

It seems as if the c is newer, but the b is much better looking. What are the differences between the two radios? I am thinking about picking it up instead of spending a ton of money on a radio right now.

I know the C comes with a lipo pack for the trx, other than that, I'm not sure.

I read up, looks like if I go flysky it's gonna be the c.

Now are these radios NE good?

I'm looking to get back into club level racing, after a six year hiatus, used to run a Mugen mbx4rr with os motors and used a hitec lynx 3d, then later a jr xs3 pro, the silver one.

So far for 150 bucks total I bought a used Ofna lx comp 2, and sport werks .21 v2/ with a jp1 pipe. 75 for the buggy and 75 for the motor and pipe with a nice clutch. I had a hitec 545mg servo I'm using for steering, and a standard plastic gear servo for throttle brake. I plan on eventually moving the hitec to throttle brake and buying a nice steering servo, once I do that I'll see if I still enjoy the hobby and buy a nice kit to move my gear to. I also have a brand new ofna chrome top starter box with a new gel cell.

The last piece of the puzzle is a tx/rx. I have an old tq3 am system in it now, but I can't see entering a race with that lol.

I'm not sure I'd trust the flysky when it comes to racing, bashing no problem, but racing ehh I don't know. You could look at Spektrum, you can get their DX3S on ebay for under $200, it'll be pulled from a new RTR. Maybe some others with more experience with the Flysky, I've read too many stories about their rxs kicking it to trust them with racing.

I'm just wanting to make sure that it will have the proper expo, dr, maybe subtrim, and safe against run aways, if a rx fails that's not a big deal, as long as its not an every month deal... I'm looking for a radio to get me goin, for 60 bucks if it lasts a season before I replace it that would be perfect

The GT3C that I just got crapped out on the third use. Fully charged lipo, the Tx just went dead while I was flying my baja across the parking lot. The kill switch did it's job but I had no steering or brakes. It wound up crashing into the back wheel then riding up the door of my real car before flipping back to the ground. So now my real car has a nice crease in the door and the custom chassis I made for the baja is twisted to hell. What posessed me to buy a $68 radio for a $3400 baja is beyond brain fade. No more cheap radio equipment for me. And this is after I sold my Airtronics M11x because I felt it was "way too much for my needs" Holy crap what a learning experience!!

I've been using the GT3B for a couple of years now. I plan on getting a 4PL pretty soon for racing and my crawler but the GT3B is an awesome radio for no more than they cost. The only problem is the expo doesn't work....factory glitch in the firmware. You can however order them pre modded with a totally customizable firmware that not only fixes the expo but opens up extra channels and all sorts of things from http://overkillrc.webs.com/
Theres a bunch of other mods you can find to do on it as well. I have videos on my youtube channel on how to do some of them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Greywolf74?feature=mhee

The only main differences between the B and the C is the C uses a tiny ass 800mah 1S lipo to power it. I have my gt3B modded to run on a 3S 2200mah lipo. The looks have also been changed around a little on the C. I've read alot of people having trouble with the power button breaking cuz its in the center of the steering wheel. However I have also read that some people get a bad GT3B from the factory from time to time. I've been using mine for a long time though and no problems at all. Also the B's rubber steering wheel grip can be removed and aftermerket ones can be used. The GT3Cs steering wheel foam is not removable from what I've read.

I love my GT3B for everything except racing. Its OK for beginners to start off with but it wont take long if you're racing with it to start wanting something better.

Last edited:
Just got a good deal on a barely used (even looks barely used in the pics) 4PL. $160 bucks shipped. The guy claimed he only used it 2 or 3 times before buying a 4PK. Pretty excited about that :)

Back