dies when wide open

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a dawg

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i finally got my t maxx fixed and went to test it down my street and it was working fine, i was going wide open for about a secound or two at a time and it was fine, then i went to do a wide open run and when i held it open, it ran fine for a few secounds and then just died, i tried again and the same thing happend. what do i need to tune.

Sounds like your hsn is too lean. richen it up a tad and you should be fine.

i richend the hsn and now it is running good, but it is still dying when i hit the throttle, could it be bad gas. their was gas that sat in it for about a month, but i added fresh gas. do you think that that can be my problem?

some one help, i can't get this thing to work. i have it set semi rich, i drained the gas, and it still bogs at full speed. could it be the cold, it is under 40 right now. but it is ideling perfect. so what it is?????????????

richen the HSP....your going 2 have 2 play alot w/ that engine....tunning sucks on it

i bought a picco p2 for my maxx and it did the same thing no matter what i tried......i even took it to a LHS and the tech sweared it was a carb problem he would have to keep it over night well 3 DAYS later still wasen't fixed.....so they had to send it in to picco for warr.......the motor broke in fine to i went throu 5 full tanks and the first time i tried to go WOT the same problem started to happen.........i still haven't gotten the motor back yet it's been almost 3 weeks..........has anyone ever had this problem......well any ways right now i'm back to my supercharged TRX2.5 motor ...........somebody let me know if they know what's going on

alright it works, i had to richen the needle a lot, i don't rember runing it so lean. but i finally got it tuned and it was running great, so me and a buddy went to a motorcross track and were hitting some of the jumps, and i was going to hit it again and hit a rock at the bottom, went out of comtrol, and flew of a kicker and flew of a drop and lander about 25 feet down/ have a lot of things wrong now.

The 2.5 engine will do that sometimes....i say take that engine out an up the ante...

I had a similar issue a couple times on my trucks and once on a friends. Once was an air leak at the carb neck and once was my HSN walking in on me. The other on the friends would happen after about a minute of running, the needle would turn itself 2 full turns in... it bottomed out at 3. On my OS 21 RG, the needle would walk out. It would richen as it ran. But it would do it in about 20 seconds to the point that it would flood and die.

Realize that outside air temps have started to change. Being that you are up in Alaska, I imagine that it has gotten a bit colder over the last month. That would cause you to need to richen up the setting as a matter of normal running. From then you would have to further tune it.

Colder air requires richer running. Hotter air requires leaner running. That is just to keep the fuel to air mixture in the ball park. From there, you need to tune for performance and to keep the engine in normal operating temps.

So, do not be surprised if you had to go really rich on the settings from your Summer settings.

Back