DHK Zombie; Who Has One?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drog

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I decided to order a DHK Zombie. As I was waiting for it, I discovered Arrma and now I have both an Arrma Talion and a DHK Zombie. While the DHK Zombie seems fun, it does have some quirks (such as no down travel in the suspension). While I wouldn't put it in the same league as my Talion, it's still a fun car to drive and has a unique character. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my selection of cars.

If anyone else owns a Zombie, please feel free to share your thoughts, tricks, and tips (I am especially interested in what oil weights you are using in the suspension and diffs), or ask questions.

So a few weeks ago I decided to order a DHK Zombie. As I was waiting for it, I discovered Arrma and now I have both an Arrma Talion and a DHK Zombie. While the DHK Zombie seems fun, it does have some quirks (such as no down travel in the suspension). While I wouldn't put it in the same league as my Talion, it's still a fun car to drive and has a unique character. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my selection of cars.

If anyone else owns a Zombie, please feel free to share your thoughts, tricks, and tips (I am especially interested in what oil weights you are using in the suspension and diffs), or ask questions.
Just received the wife's Zombie, haven't done anything to it yet. Have noticed it's really squirrely while under power, to the point its hard to control. For the price I think its a pretty decent truck.

I also wonder if the lack of down travel in the suspension causes traction issues when going over bumps. I don't think the tires are terrible but I'm also new to the hobby. Also, I did tighten the springs down a little but am thinking about adding heavier oil to the shocks.

IMAG0766.jpg

Better shocks, TBR bumpers, front shock tower support, Kraton servo ;), grips for deans, motor fan and tweaks here & there.

Make sure front tires have toe out and rear ones toe in. Gyro helps too but that's like cheating. :p
Also, removing extra slack or play in the steering system won't hurt n/either.
And you might want to adjust the droop screws to prevent the chassis from rubbing against the lower A-arms.

Last edited:
Yup I got the Helion select four. Same truck different name. Had it for a month now and never used it. To busy. Anyway it looks like it should be a great truck for the money

Hi all, has anyone thought of or swapped out the motor for something with kick lika castle?

View attachment 12974
Better shocks, TBR bumpers, front shock tower support, Kraton servo ;), grips for deans, motor fan and tweaks here & there.

Make sure front tires have toe out and rear ones toe in. Gyro helps too but that's like cheating. :p
And you might want to adjust the droop screws to prevent the chassis from rubbing against the lower A-arms.
Which TBR bumper did you go with?

View attachment 12974

What shocks are those?

Back