DAMN one way bearings!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roozy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just got my first RC nitro car and this one way bearing blows ass (savage 25) i have already been through 2!! (in a few days) ,spending close to $20 each time for this is pretty ridiculous:angry:

Don't grind on it for long periods of time and they will last a bit longer. also if the engine floods and you notice that it gets really hard to turn over, STOP!! Leave the glow ignigtor on the glow plug, wait for 10 seconds and try to start it again, this is a very common reason for one way bearing failures.

One way's.

Roozy, hope you didn't throw away your old ones. I had the same problem. If the case around the bearing is cracked but the bearing itself is ok, your in luck. Just slide the bearing section out of the "nut casing" , clean the inside of the case and the outside of the bearing unit with alcohol. Use some JB Weld to epoxy the two pieces back together again. Make sure you dont get any in the needle bearings or you can kiss them goodbye. Let it sit for atleast a day before you use it. I've been running mine this way for more than 3/4 of a gallon of fuel. At $18.00 a pop for a new one way, this is well worth the effort!

you guys are lucky... PICCO outlaws and WASP are internal one way bearings... they cost $26.. but they do hold much longer and stronger than the external one ways...

Well damn the luck.............it's a semi nice day out today, 51 degrees, 7mph wind, I just got the Savage dialed in good and brought it in for re fueling and my one way has either finally toasted or is dirty, it just spins and wont grab at all, another good weekend shot in the ass! Ya know for a brief minute I actualy considered a pull start 8-0

Well here it is, https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3156 my toasted one way bearing, notice the crack in the housing............I got over 2 gallons of use from it and is the origonal, so I guess that isn't too bad........one quetion I have is when I get the new one, should it be installed dry or does it need to have some kind of lube?