da vallejo area

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
da Sacramento area. Placer county foothills.

yep but the tracks just keep eluding...
so far the only organized events around have been
)napa at extreme motorsports
)delta rc in antioch

I guess were going to check out san jose at the PRP proving grounds,, supposedly thats semi organized...

g*d where are the tracks,, am I in hell ? shoulda stayed in Michigan where there was 18 within a 3 hour drive.. smorgasboard of dirt.......
oh well hell on earth is being an 1/8th scale offroader in the bay area..

Originally posted by FastEddy
Villa de-Petaluma

Nor-Cal Members Just keep growing! :banana:

I was from the Rich, but I live up in Humboldt now. I still consider myself a local of the bay. Born and raised.

HireZ real estate is too expensive I think in the bay. Sucks doesn't it, seems with all the people there would be more.

in san jose, look at the "swift buggy owners" forum ,, and I think its page 14. youll see map directions and he put up a couple pics (that you can re-enter the last number) and see 14 pics of the track.
We did end up going there and it was pretty brutal on the chassis, but overall really fun since I haven't had a good outdoor length to run out the C-5 on ,, so it was well worth it in that respects, plus the big arse burms that you run up on are pretty fun..
so far, I have found about 15 tracks in so-cal, anyone know a good link to get updated race results and upcoming events in the cali area? , I know gas champs was last weekend or something but I only found the pro results on a foriegn message board and not anything else, sucks I know one of the locals here won the 1/8th sprtsman and I just wanted to see it in stone..
-W-

I still think its kind of funny tho, must be no one here wants anyone else to join up or go to their spots, since they only list the city in which we are supposed to "magically" find these areas.
weeeird..

I listed in Napa at extreme motorsports and
Delta Rc in antioch,,
anyone else want to ante up a little more info than a city? that might help more people come to your area , I know I started going up to Napa and theres now about 3-5 extra people that go with me now, I don't know about you but it used to be fun to have new people show up at the track to chat with or run with.. makes the shop/track owners happier to know theyre getting recognized by new people showing up..... hmmm just a thought though...

-W-

HireZ real estate is too expensive I think in the bay. Sucks doesn't it, seems with all the people there would be more. [/B][/QUOTE]

its actually
in 1/8th scale buggy forum,, under swift buggy owners,, page 14,, pics and mapquest directions...all there

------ ---- --- -- -- - -
also found 2 other tracks listed there, one only allowed 10th scale sh*t though,, what a waste of dirt,,, and one other track that the address didnt match up to the mapquest directions... if i find it ill let you know ,, since I'm on the hunt for ANY tracks within driving distance,, I can run my 1/8th at...
So far Excellent program in Napa at Extreme motorsport and DeltaRc.com or delta rc in antioch...

the san jose track is on the side of an on ramp to the highway,, its pretty burly,, if there was a watering/organized group to go there it might be a pretty cool secret spot.
We went there not knowing what to expect but we all knew it was a saturday to go out and find another place to run at.. it turned out to be pretty fun,, no hobby store close by though so bring extra gear...

also found Gilroys Hobby world track, i didnt get to go since I was up all night painting the night before, but I heard from my partner in crime,, that it was one of the most difficult /techincal and largest tracks he's seen in a while.. so I'm pretty stoked to try and get down there this coming weekend if they're running.
so thats a new one I found I guess,
Hobby World in Gilroy

so far race schedue existing is ,
Thursday nights a Extreme/Napa
Saturday mornings at Delta/Antioch
Sunday mornings at Hobby-World/Gilroy

any one else want to cough up some places to run ? it'd be really great.. sorry but this is starting to suck, does anyone run besides me?

-W-

Originally posted by NooP

wheres that at?

--NooP

Originally posted by HIREz
yep but the tracks just keep eluding...
so far the only organized events around have been
)napa at extreme motorsports
)delta rc in antioch

I guess were going to check out san jose at the PRP proving grounds,, supposedly thats semi organized...

g*d where are the tracks,, am I in hell ? shoulda stayed in Michigan where there was 18 within a 3 hour drive.. smorgasboard of dirt.......
oh well hell on earth is being an 1/8th scale offroader in the bay area..

That tight indoor track at extreme is a challenge to drive. If you don't hit the big double right, you hit the hobby shop building. You also pay for it if you run off the track. Those walls surrounding the track are unforgiving. Great for 2 or 3 people at once. Any more than that and it's a demolition derby.

is that the Napa track Rob?

Yes, it is the Napa track.

wow,
Same web address , I guess it just took em long enough to get the results online.. , *grin* "well it is california"...
bah hhaaahaha,, ok ok , I'm just a disgruntled,driver ...

Originally posted by HumboldtBlazer
Hirez, were you looking for info on the Gas Championship from last weekend>?

http://www.usgaschamps.com/

Back