CVEC pipes and others

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon2

Nitro ASSpired!!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is your opinion on these? I have the stock pipe on the MGT and that thing is hella loud. I like it but too loud sometimes. What do you think of the CVEC pipes? Are they really worth the money? How do you actually tune them? I want to keep the power out of it but I don't care to buy one if this is on of those "outlaw" pipes. THose are just lame. LOUD and Backpressure is low. What other pipes do you guys recommend?

I don't have an MGT, but I just purchased a CVEC Z165 pipe off of Ebay yesterday for $20. I am waiting for it to arrive (hopefully soon). I plan to test it out on my T-Maxx and my 4-Tec. So I will let you know after I do some testing myself. Here is a link to some good info on the CVEC pipes. He even has a couple of videos too.

http://www.maxxskunkworks.com/ModsCVEC.htm

Right now I have the Sirio .18 Big Bore pipe on the 2.5 Maxx. She rips with this pipe, when compared to stock. I also have a Motor Saver Air Filter to help make a nice combination.

What are you looking for? A low-end pipe, high-end pipe, all around pipe?

Later...:mex:

Last edited:
that is all cool but I can't seem to take the damn pipe apart. I am wanting low end to mid range for one set up and then mid range to top end as the other.

So you already have one? Have you tried a little WD-40 or some PB Blaster? Is it a used pipe? If so, hopefully the person before you didn't put any gastket glue or anything else like that on it. It should just untwist.

No But I am going to try to take it apart. I willtry it on my sons GT. I am just trying to see what it can do for my trucks.

You asked, I'll give, I personally think cvec pipes are junk. I mean they "tune" while you are using them which is bogus. While they do change shape while driving at higher rpms they are actually un-tuning as the rpm's are getting higher.

How to tune a CVEC Pipe:

There is a piston inside the pipe that acts as a restrictor, and you can move it more up towards the stinger for high end, and more down towards the header for low end. I personally think pipes like that are cool, and my friend has one on a Sirio .12 on his NTC3 and it sounds hella cool! Its mostly opinion, but if you plan to race, some race tracks dont let you use CVEC pipes, so check it out with them too.

I ran the CVEC on the 12R,I pulled the piston plum out of it,had hella low and mid but no high end performance,with the piston in it had alittle more top end but not as much low and middle plus it had a really crappy sound.If you dont disassemble it and clean the excess fuel out after a while the piston starts to get stuck and doesn't function properly.I still run the pipe on my RTR3 but its a straight up basher with a buch of my old 3SS parts on it.I wouldnt recommend buying it!