Cvec pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys I have recieved a cvec performance pipe for my birthday it is used but idk how to tune it i know it has a tune able baffle but i dont know what that does and i also would like to know everything i should know about the pipe and tips and all the input please

ok i will try to explain this for you
there is 4 or 5 holes in the cone .center hole ,best all around performance
closer to the cone better fuel economy and longer run times and a little better low end performance .the further you get from the cone (moving cotter pin) the better top end and loss of milage
or just click on the link and read away
http://www.cvecpowersystems.com/cv_a.html
hope this helps and they are a PITA to get tuned but when they are they work good

Hey thanks racin you've been helping me out alot lately nobody else reply to my threads i mean i try to give all the information needed but nobody cares

campolo its not that we don't care, its just that we don't have the correct information. Instead of guessing we let the people who know give you the correct info.

vbgagnon said:
campolo its not that we don't care, its just that we don't have the correct information. Instead of guessing we let the people who know give you the correct info.
as he stated it is easier to let someone that has used them before give info then someone guessing ,and your welcome we all try to help as much as possible
take care
rick

Yep! Heck, I've got two CVEC pipes and I didn't evn know they were tunable! Racin', are all CVEC's this way or just certain models?

I'm such a noob!

if i am not mistaken ALL cvec pipes are tuneable just that some have 4 holes in the cone and some have 5 holes ,normally from stock the 5 hole cones have the cotter pin set in the middle hole an the 4 hole have it in the 3rd
but remeber to richen it up a tad when installing these pipes because they open the exhaust to the point that your settings will be lean
once installed and you get it to where it is running to where you want temp wise then play around with the tuning baffle inside to get the maxx performance your looking for

I love our CVEC's, one point that needs to be thrown in is that they are not ROAR legal for racing because 1) no movable parts on the exhaust, and 2) apparently they exceed the maximum decibels allowed for a tuned pipe.

rocknbil said:
I love our CVEC's, one point that needs to be thrown in is that they are not ROAR legal for racing because 1) no movable parts on the exhaust, and 2) apparently they exceed the maximum decibels allowed for a tuned pipe.
yeppers your so right my friend ,and if memory serves me correctly (getting old lol) the cvec pipes get louder the more throttle that is applied