Cutting Carbon Fiber. Best process?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no digicam. sorry, but I can't see wasting a whole roll of film for a few shots, that's what I've been doin for quite a while but never for only a couple. Maybe in the future I can throw a pic of it in here. It's a custom servo tray to hold an additional servo to activate a "hand brake".

Eddy that table is awesome! Maybe i can convince my dad to get one of those cuz he's one of those guys who builds everything himself. Maybe we can make some cf stuff with that.

remember to seal the cf with some ca so it dosnt fray

Where's everybody getting there sheets of CF at? I'd like to pick some up...i'm tires of cutting shock towers out of stainless steel!

Their heavy...but they don't bend!

I feel it's better to have shock towers that do NOT bend. Shock towers are kinda part of the chassis and should be firm. Shocks should be taking the abuse. I found out my LHS carries it but I don't know how much they charge and what the quality is like. but this is where I got mine... link. It's seems pretty expensive and I'm not sure if that's out of the ordinary or not but it's pretty good stuff. The weave is quite a bit larger than what you normally see in R/C applications but I havn't had any problems with it.

Back