Custom Shock Filling Station (Part 2)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Drill the 8 holes with the 1/2 inch drill bit. Sand if desired.

Then the process is very simple. Nail your project together to look like it does in the photos. You can pre-drill your nailholes to prevent splitting.

Enjoy!

The purpose of this project was to have an 8 shock filling station for my Traxxas shocks. Everyone who has filled their own, knows, waiting for the air to rise can take a while. I wanted to be able to fill all 8 and let them sit as long as overnight to make sure ALL air has risen from the oil. 20 minutes is probably long enough :)

I have also found that the 1/2 inch diameter is good for both Traxxas Stock/Big Bores as well as Associated shocks (with the rings on)

Like I said, good for a rainy day. Cost me all of 2$ to make this.

Picture 1

Picture 2

-Christian

New and improved shock holder.

Please don’t try this a home. I have specialized equipment to do this exacting precision work. It has taken me years of experience and beta testing just to come up with this prototype.

Parts $0.01
Time 3 min and 3 months to kill the plant
Making fun of Christians hard work: *** Priceless.***

Please forgive me Christian I couldnt help my self...

Last edited:
Originally posted by FastEddy
New and improved shock holder.

Parts $0.01
Time 3 min and 3 months to kill the plant
Making fun of Christians hard work: *** Priceless.***

Now thats just cold, funny but cold;)

Christan I think it looks just fine.

good one fasteddy. Christian the balsa loked like it would last longer though I mean you dont always have a box. :D

Last edited:
I must issue a public apology to Christian.
It wasn’t my intent to down play your hard work and ingenuity that was put into your project.

My intent was, and still is, “Satire”. You know, grossly over or under stating something to the extent that it possibly couldn’t be true. That was where my mind was. The problem is that the box worked…. Now it’s not so funny….

Well just pretend it doesn’t work and have a good laugh. I hope everyone takes it as it was intended. Sorry Christian XX-OO

The purpose of this forum is to explore all possibilities. I think you both presented excellent solutions to a common problem. One is the poor man's version and the other is the I spent all my money on my maxx and live in a cardboard box that doubles as a shock filling station version. :D

Great work and desciption of the process Christian. Keep it up.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
One is the poor man's version and the other is the I spent all my money on my maxx and live in a cardboard box that doubles as a shock filling station version. :D

Now thats cold and even funnier:p One point for SkyMaxx:)

Try some of that liquid electrical tape you mentioned in another post; you could just goop up the holes when you are done filling your shocks.

Eddy, you make this too easy sometimes. Gotta love that satire and sarcasm stuff...

ROFLMBO! You guys know how to make someone feel better! lol!

I should have known (my good friend) Eddy was going to be 'satire' about the whole thing. In all reality, I ALSO have a big piece of packing foam with a few holes as well. (shhhhhhh dont tell). However, I can't prime my shocks while its in the foam!

Eddy - I know what you can't stick in the holes in your roof lololol.... Just dont let the wife catch ya! (that be cloth napkins for all the kids wondering)

Sky - thanks ;)

All in all, most guys have a bunch of extra lumber around and a half inch drill bit. Usually resulting in the 'free' cost. However, I started the project with 'RAINY DAY!'. Meatballs.......

Regardless, you guys crack me up. Thanks for the laughs as I needed them!

-Chris

i tend to put the shock oil and shocks on a central heating radiator,let them get warm,one at a time i fill the shocks and at about Mach1 the bubbles rush to the top,th eiol is almost like water.

am i gonna get slated and ripped apart for doing it perfectly and for free;)

We don't slate; we don't draw and quarter; but a good stoning isn't out of the question...;)

Easy-Maxx do you let the oil cool before putting the caps on???

guys i`m not getting notification of replies,so i`m not ignoring you just not aware of your response.
Sky..i was hoping for a good rippin;)

Hunter i do tend to let the oil cool a bit before putting the cap back on,are you thinking of condensation?

Originally posted by FastEddy
I'm not thinking about condensation, but of frying some chicken..

mmmm chicken......:beard:

May the air rise and the oil fall!

Crunchy Crunchy Crunchy Chicken Bits..........

I think he was more concerned with the vacuum action the oil would create on the shock cap as the oil cooled and compressed to its non heated volume, but a little fried chicken sounds good, too.

Originally posted by Easy-MAXX

Hunter i do tend to let the oil cool a bit before putting the cap back on,are you thinking of condensation? [/B]

No I was thinking more in the line of expansion as the oil gets hotter it will take up more space in the shock, so if you put the caps on then let it cool the oil would have a negative pull on the shaft. Like SkyMaxx said above:)

So my cheezy shock filling station isnt so bad now is it? :banana:

Back