Custom Nitro Smoke Stacks

• Thread starter Extreme RC Mods
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in
E

Extreme RC Mods

RCTalk Vendor!
RCTalk Vendor
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
I had set up a customer with a modified LRP .30 and an ERCM end bleed pipe for his custom savage pulling truck, I threw out the idea of a set of stacks for this purpose built beast as it will never be bashed. Next thing I know, the rest of the truck shows up in the mail and he says "go for it, see what you can come up with" so, I did lol. Here is a picture of the truck and a video from when he came to pick up the truck, enjoy :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM5a8B6k49Q"]‪Extreme RC Mods Custom Puller Exhaust Stacks‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

dsc03532-jpg.65869

Rolex

Rolex

Get OUT of my recliner
Staff member
Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Flying
I agree. It DOES look sick.
That's about the coolest exhaust I've seen. Great job.
I was hoping to see how you made the connection from the muffler.

E

Extreme RC Mods

RCTalk Vendor!
RCTalk Vendor
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Thanks guys, here is a better picture, I used a traxxas exhaust coupler that seems to be tapered with a small and big end. The pipes stinger is bent 90* so at any time he could pull the header set-up off and run the pipe just like normal, you just have to twist it 90* so the stinger aims outward instead of up.

dsc03521-jpg.65883

alpinehyperlite

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
I'm just curious why he has suspension in the rear, instead of just locked out for pulling. Thats the best results I've ever gotten is with turnbuckles where the rear shocks should be.

E

Extreme RC Mods

RCTalk Vendor!
RCTalk Vendor
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
There are a few things that have to change for sure, I'm not sure what his final plans are but the 17/49 gearing has to go as well. I was surprised just how snappy it was with that gearing and weighing in at 27 LBS, those baja nightmare tires are 10 LBS alone lol.

alpinehyperlite

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Yea, those tires look NASTY for dirt pulling.

Racer 1966

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
That's way cool! I can't tell you how many times I've thought of trying to do zoomies out the sides.

frickenjoey

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Oh ok... a pulling truck....I had to read it a couple times. Man that is a cool set up Robin but I think I will stick with the side bleed you made for me. Do you think that extra bit on there affects performance any? Also did you mod the engine for him? Just curious if you had done any of the LRP .30 yet and what kind of gains you got out of them. When I got mine a couple years ago you had not modded any yet. Looks cool though

E

Extreme RC Mods

RCTalk Vendor!
RCTalk Vendor
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Hey Joey, imo there was no power losses from the header set up, it may cause a little more resistance but overall I saw no signs of bad behavior from the engine at all. Yes I have been modding the .30's for a while now, there is definitely room for improvement, it is a pretty decent engine compared to a lot out there.

frickenjoey

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
How does a moded .30 stand up against a modded Picco P3 though? That is the real test. Do the LRP .30 have the same bearing issues as the .28 had? Mine has not had enough fuel through it to really know. Glad to hear there was no real power loss....the stacks have major cool points

E

Extreme RC Mods

RCTalk Vendor!
RCTalk Vendor
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Quality wise the picco still stands alone, I haven't heard of any real issues with the bearings but that was a seating issue with the .28. Modded for modded the picco will still edge out the LRP, maybe not by much but it will, especially in the top end.

Stroytika

Stroytika

RCNT Champion
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
my god that shell is smexy. what is it off of?

olds97_lss

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Would have liked to hear how it sounded on a high speed run. From teh sounds of things, was too rich to do that.

Cool to see, but man, can't imagine the mess. I wonder how bad it would be to put a drain near the elbow of the pipe. A little pressure would be lost there, but maybe would let the oil blow out on the ground vs up and all over the body.

I could not run your pipes! Way too "barky" for my delicate ears! lol

TRXaddict

TRXaddict

RCNT Addict
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Wow that looks awesome.. great fab work.

donbjazzbones

donbjazzbones

RCNT Qualifier
Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
great work, when hes on the hill it reminded me of a train smoke cloud lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TxGuy Nitro RC 2
HPI-Killer Nitro RC 11
P Paint & Body 1
P On-road and Rally Cars 4