Cruise control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hello everyone. I have a question for anyone willing to answer. So I just got done building my rc and was really excited to drive it but the thing throttles up with out touching the trigger. It was only funny once when it almost took out the new neighbor dog. He's not a fan of remote controles. Well really anything but really I can't drive it because it will hit a tree or wall and bind up the tires and it wonts to burn up the motor. Can anyone explain this for me so I can fix the issue. Thank you all

Have you tried resetting the endpoints for your throttle. If you have the manual, the procedure should be in there for your particular vehicle.

Hello what RC did you build nitro,gas,electric? Like Doom said you probably need to calibrate esc and set your end points. If it nitro or gas could be a stuck or bad clutch ingaging while in idel.

Have you tried resetting the endpoints for your throttle. If you have the manual, the procedure should be in there for your particular vehicle.
Well I have manuals but none of my rigs are original anymore. I have a surpass hobby 6 channel controller and I have messed with the only thing I know that does that and that is the knobs at the top to set the speed and witch direction it goes. I have messed with it and it has gotten better but still dies it from time to time. Oh and the neighbor dog is fine.

Well I have manuals but none of my rigs are original anymore. I have a surpass hobby 6 channel controller and I have messed with the only thing I know that does that and that is the knobs at the top to set the speed and witch direction it goes. I have messed with it and it has gotten better but still dies it from time to time. Oh and the neighbor dog is fine.
Sounds like you need the manual to your radio :)

Google or YT your radio I'm sure you will find something on one of them for your controller