Creeps at low rpm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu_boost

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The maxx seems to creep foward slow in the low rpms, then mid-range the power kicks in. Still breaking the engine in. Has power at the half throttle point but the low-end isnt what id like. Probaly 6th tank on the breakn. Clutch adjustment issue? Its a Dynamite .19, seems to be running like a champ. Holds tune really good and starts on first pull with a charged glow igniter. Low speed seems to have a good pinch test, is it too early in the breakin to be expecting good low end?

fyi this isnt like a creep related to high idle or air leak. It idles fine while stationary without any brake, really steady idle.

Edit: I just noticed there is alot of play in the linkage, before the carb even opens. Ill run it in the morning to see if it helped.

Last edited:
You probably found you issue. I know my Revo out of the box the carb was way off. It was only opening maybe a little over 1/2. That made the breaking a real bi@$h.

As you start to lean the LSN during the break in, you'll also notice you get better take off as well as a higher idle that will need to be mechanically adjusted. Always adjust the idle with the TX trigger in full brake, and the trim turned all the way down.

Back