Crazy scale question.....

• Thread starter Oggydoggy'n'doggydaddy
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oggydoggy'n'doggydaddy

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
Ok so we all know that the scx10 chassis is steel right? How many fab welders in here used square stock and c channel to make a true scale chassis with the ssd scale trans and motor cover? I was intrigued with the thought looking at my chassis

I've been thinking of buying my old man a 10.2 and using rc4wd v8 and tranny.

Also been thinking of the ssd tranny for another build, just waiting for the right one. I didnt know they had a scale engine.

I've been looking lightly at making my own chassis. I will be using steel so it can have real rust. I did buy square tube I'm cutting into channel for frame rails for a 1/14 box truck. Got lazy and dumped a ton of money into my nitro stampede and nitro rs4 3's, so its been rusting away.

I'm also building a 1/8 Ford Raptor that I can't decide a frame on.

I've been thinking of buying my old man a 10.2 and using rc4wd v8 and tranny.

Also been thinking of the ssd tranny for another build, just waiting for the right one. I didnt know they had a scale engine.

I've been looking lightly at making my own chassis. I will be using steel so it can have real rust. I did buy square tube I'm cutting into channel for frame rails for a 1/14 box truck. Got lazy and dumped a ton of money into my nitro stampede and nitro rs4 3's, so its been rusting away.

I'm also building a 1/8 Ford Raptor that I can't decide a frame on.
Its not a "scale engine" per say its a cover for the electric engine but i was looking at my scx10 and going ...those rails are 3/16 steel i can weld them with brazing i could make all the crossmembers and body supports REAL and make a real floor pan vehicle hid the electronics up in the engine bay or under the dash some how

Well it all sounds really interesting. Post some pics as you come along in the project.

Its not a "scale engine" per say its a cover for the electric engine but i was looking at my scx10 and going ...those rails are 3/16 steel i can weld them with brazing i could make all the crossmembers and body supports REAL and make a real floor pan vehicle hid the electronics up in the engine bay or under the dash some how
So why are we still talking about this and not making it reality? 😁😁

My ocd always wanted a scale chassis. In 2020 I started cutting square steel tube into 1/14 channel frame rails. Should be good weight for the box truck.

I am also building a proline cherokee on 1.55 with a carbon fiber chassis.

Back