CRAWLING the precision art over going over a rock??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboystoysguy

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys!! how is everyone?? ok heres my qyestion/statement.
every one here has at least tried rock crawling of some sort heck i even tried it with my electric rustler. but it is very fun and i have a few questions about setting up my e-maxx! but first i want to ask you guys if you crawl how you set up your truck? t or e maxx it dont matter.:ball:

Big tires, soft foam inserts, geared for low end grunt, tuned for the same. Suspension being soft helps, but set it up to give full suspension travel with good rebound (ie medium springs with light to medium oil).

Yeah, Sky hit it right. Good gripping tires - Low gearing - Quick rebound w/ your suspension.

Besides a good setup, you want to drive with strategy, not just bash over everything.

Yup, that sounds about right. Full articulation is the key and a a soft to med suspension is the key, even on the 1:1 cars.

i have jumbo kongs minus the foam inserts the grip good!! i have a locker in the back and i went from 65 to 72 spur and stock pinions so i could go lower on the pinions but it s got enough grunt. my suspension is very soft with red springs and like 35wt was what i put in it last. and i usualy drive very close to how a 1:1 crawler would slow at angles and try do it with a little finess.
:fro:

try to at least put a diff spool in the back.
i ve set my truck up for crawling before.
20w oil all shocks. stock springs. (u have to ad some spacers in the back to get it level.) i also add my buddies savage tires on(the stock ones) they are super soft. after that get the biggest spur gear u can and ur good to go.
also helpful to have agood clutch. u burn them up crawling

Bigboys,

Good advice from Sky and others.

Running the biggest tires possible with no foam will make a BIG difference as you may be noticing. It's the same principal as WHeelin or Crawling with a 1:1 truck as you want the widest "footprint" possible with your tires for maximum traction. I've run the Stock Maxx tires with no foam with great results, but they aren't big enough for serous rock crawling. The Big Joes with no foarm straigt up kick ass for this purpose.

Peace

Yeah, Sky hit it right. Good gripping tires - Low gearing - Quick rebound w/ your suspension.

Besides a good setup, you want to drive with strategy, not just bash over everything.
driving technike is critical no wehn to throtle hard & chill down b4 the peek let the tork of the moter do work no what I'm saying, tricky sure bt masterfull if u practise and lipo batterys give xtraz boost. thats kickin azz.

11 year old thread, and it will take another 10 years to figure out what you tried to say.
h41B42521.jpg

driving technike is critical no wehn to throtle hard & chill down b4 the peek let the tork of the moter do work no what I'm saying, tricky sure bt masterfull if u practise and lipo batterys give xtraz boost. thats kickin azz.
I don't know, Alpine. I just tried to re-read it and now I have blood pouring out of my ears.

10 year old thread, and it will take another 10 years to figure out what you tried to say.
h41B42521.jpg
LMFAO!! WTF! I'm not sure about you guys but my computer automatically spell checks for me lol.

Every now and then he shows up. Same thing. The thread loses all meaning because everyone ends up bashing his text.
I think I warned him in the past, but I'll let him stay since we no longer have quaart available for stress relief.

Catfish spam derp derp derp shotgun weddings beez so much fun for dat crazy sexd up timz afta as long as her popz don't put dat whoopin on has for bangin out on his daughters ya herd cuz shizz got cray cray for dat bit derp derp derp.

I think I just broke the spll checker on my ipad.

Whoa. Numbers. That's some next level poop bro.

Back