Crashed buggy, HELP!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plugged1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello, I`m pretty new to RC, and I`ve slammed my Thunder Tiger eb4 into a curb. Now, it will rev, but will not move.:( It looks like the clutch is not making contact with the drive gear. HELP!

sounds like the engine mounts got jolted. You need to re-align the engine mounts. There are 4 screws on the underside of the chassis that need to be loosened. Loosen those then move the engine over toward the center of the buggy so that the clutch bell teeth mesh with the differential teeth (use the paper method to set your gear mesh). Then just tighten down the engine mount screws (loctite them).

sounds like the engine mounts got jolted. You need to re-align the engine mounts. There are 4 screws on the underside of the chassis that need to be loosened. Loosen those then move the engine over toward the center of the buggy so that the clutch bell teeth mesh with the differential teeth (use the paper method to set your gear mesh). Then just tighten down the engine mount screws (loctite them).

Thanks! I will give it a try...Not to be a nuisance, but what is the "paper method"?

UPDATE- Lessen was correct and I just re-aligned the mounts. Works fine.:first_place:

tell the wife to stay calm. Wrecks are a part of the RC fun and putting them back together teaches you a lot about the car. Good luck in the future and watch out for them curbs. They will jump right out there and get you

tell the wife to stay calm. Wrecks are a part of the RC fun and putting them back together teaches you a lot about the car. Good luck in the future and watch out for them curbs. They will jump right out there and get you

Thanks!:D

Do yourself a favour, stock up on front end suspension arms, and plastic toe blocks, upgrade the steering knuckles and invest in the ergal rear plate for the front trans. I learnt the hard way to carry these parts, as they are the most often broken.