crappy .26 wasp acceleration

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metallicamaxx

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just finished breaking in my new wasp.26 in my maxx on 25 percent nitro 18 percent oil airplane fuel (had nothing else at the store) and it was going ok accept when i give more than 1/4 thottle. it bogs down so bad that it either cuts out or hardly goes at all. i have been tuning it for 2 tanks and it is still pissing me off to no end. is it safe to try to switch back to 20 percent wildcat eliminator? i have used the stock settings and an o.s. #8 plug too. please help soon, this is giving more problems than it is worth.:doh:

um i think that u should try and lean your lsn down a little bit. and i dont know if that airplane fuel is good for these engines or not. but i would go back to the 20%

bryan

metallic max - what you are describing is a telltale sign of the LSN being far too rich. I would begin leaning it at as much as 1/8 turn at a time until u see some dofference. Check out the tuning link previously posted, as its good too. Finally, rc car engines produce much higher RPM's and much more heat than airplane engines. I would strongly recommend going back to an RC Car fuel.

I personally would NOT reccomend airplane fuel for your Maxx. I'd change fuels and go from there.

Non-airplane engines will run on airplane fuel, but they run crappy on it.

Back