Crank bearing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys, i and others keep noticing the outer bearing behind the flywheel keeps leaking like crazy. This is happening on new motors and from a new set of bearings. Is this normal? is there a way to stop it? When i put a little soapy water around it and blow through the fuel inlet on the carb it makes a ton of bubbles. Maybe a better set of aftermarket bearings or something? whats ur thoughts. And it seems when they start to do this they dont want to idle anymore.

It's normal to some extent, and will have little to no effect on your tune.....provided the bearing is good. I would confirm the idle gap is ok and start leaning the lsn slightly.

+1^^^ on leaning lsn a tad at a time till your idle is right. Also better bearings never hurt anything but your not gonna get a 100% seal around the bearings. The leaking from this area on good bearings is usually due to running too rich for a period of time. So once your idle is holding you may want to lean the hsn a tad too. Just not too much because rich is better than lean anyday.

ok. i was just wondering cause at first it seems ok them just a tank or two later it seems to be throwing a line on the chassi.So ur assuming the lsn is set to rich? Can it have anything to do with the fuel i run? And it wont act as an air leak? Oh and what would be the first sign of the lsn to lean? High idle if the idle gap is set properly?

Ever heard of race sealer made by loctite? Would that seal the crank to the inner race better?

Back