Cox planes, heli's and cars.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anybody else remember the cox model's? That was my very first top fuel toy and it was the cox sky ranger free flight heli. LOL I was just sitting here and for some reason it just popped in my head I was just a little kid. I can remember my dad trying to crank it and the propeller popping the crap out of him and him raising cane cause it hurt soooo bad. LOL. I'm going to call my dad tomorrow and see if he still has that thing I would love to take it out for old time sake and let it fly again. They suck and there kinda stupid cause it just fly's straight up and back down but it sure was awesome as a small child. I had honestly forgot about that thing till tonight and for some reason I remembered it.

Last edited:
Remember the Cox control line PT-19 trainer? Got dizzy playing with it.

They had a car with a tether on it that I wanted soooo bad. I wish I had a % of the cool toys that my kids have or they make for kids now.

I got a P-51D control line model the Christmas of '82. Man I thought that was the coolest thing ever. It met it's demise while flying one day and a wind gust pushed the plane back towards me, putting slack in the lines as I was climbing. The plane went straight up, then nosed over into a dive towards me. I threw the handle and ran :hehe: It went in nose first into our gravel driveway at full speed, not much left of it. But, I've been hooked ever since.

I had a bunch of the old cox control line planes. I had a P-40 flying tiger, a Red Baron bi-plane, and German Meschersmidt ME 109. A freind of mine who cleans out old trailers and houses on the side found a cox .049 Huey Cobra free flight helicopter still in the box! Man I had a blast with those things when I was a kid. You had to be very careful not to cut your finger off when starting them though!

The Golden Bee .049 engine is on display on one of my shelves.
The tether car had a pusher prop and if you only had 30' lines on your plane you'd be ready to pass out by the time they ran out of fuel.

My ex-girlfriend LOVED the Cox...airplanes...:D

I still have my old Cox Boogie Van. Actually I have 2! My brother,sister and I all got one from our uncle for Christmas one year. I have my sister's and mine. :)
No tether,just a shaft/worm gear driven cam for steering.

van1.JPG

van2.JPG

I still have my old Cox Boogie Van. Actually I have 2! My brother,sister and I all got one from our uncle for Christmas one year. I have my sister's and mine. :)
No tether,just a shaft/worm gear driven cam for steering.

i have one of those engines. i thought it was for a cox plane but its exactly like that one.