Could someone let me know what I can get for all of this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, just seeing what I could get if I were to sell (Not really driving rc's much anymore, and going to be buying a 1:1 car soon).
Basically, came as a stock Savage 25 and now has all of this (think I'm forgetting some other things, maybe not)

Well, Heres the Savage:
-STS .28
-Motor Saver Air filter
-Ofna 3 shoe Aluminum Clutch
-Hitec 645MG
-Reverse Module
-HD Tranny
-HD Drive Cups
-HD Differential cups
-HD Center Dogbones
-Proline offset Dish Wheels
-Shock Sleeves
-RCBoyz Triple Rate Springs
-FLM Aluminum Differential Cups
-Savage X Head Cage and rollbar
-6v Hump Pack
-Ofna Throttle Linkage Mod
-Integy Center Skid
-New Era Models Tank Cover
-Dubro Fuel Filter, and Stock one off buggy
-Cam Type Servo Saver
-4 Bevel gears in differential
-Shaved C-Hubs for tighter steering
-GS Racing Exhaust Deflector
-Stock Radio System
-Rotostart

then there are lots of spares, like a NIB pullstart for the sts, arms, rollbars, all manuals, and just miscellaneous parts like the old stock parts when I would upgrade. Like the diff cups, old tranny gears, old drive cups....

Here are some pics, and it would be cleaned good before shipped also.

If you are interested, I may sell also.

So please let me know how much you think I would be able to get for it. Thanks!
-Pat

edit: New pics are posted after cleaning.

PA270188.jpg

PA270194.jpg

PA270192.jpg

PA270191.jpg

PA270189.jpg

PA270195.jpg

PA270196.jpg

PA270197.jpg

PA270198.jpg

PA270199.jpg

PA270201.jpg

PA270202.jpg

PA270204.jpg

Well, tried to make a list of extras, basically goes in order of pic:

-Pretty sure all 100% of original tags of parts that were bought for it, along with boxes like the Hitec 645mg and STS .28...
-Hitech 645mg servo horns bag (NIB, unused)
-1 extra NIB Shock Sleeve
-2 NIB Lower Arms
-4 NIB Upper Arms
-NIB Hingepins
-Radio box cover (unused)
-Manuals for truck
-STS .28 pullstart (unused, new)
-STS decal sheet
-Ofna Clutchbell shim kit
-Lots of spare screws, have them still in packaging to be able to tell threads
-Some extra bearings
-NIB Slipper Pad set (2 pcs)
-NIB Spur gear
-Used Stock aluminum rollbar
-Custom Rollbar (extends to front shock tower as well)
-8 Stock springs, hardly used. Black
-4 cell alkaline holder and switch (NIB)
-Custom Buggy Tank mod, prototype plastic one and then the tough steel one. (allows you to mount an ofna hyper 7 tank and mounts on it (where the stock tank sits)
-5 stock rims painted black (2 are stripped)
-1 stock chrome rim
-NIB GS Exhaust Deflector
-Custom Front or Rear Skid plates (metal)
-Custom Center skid plate
-Extra Ofna Linkage Parts
-Lots of spare servo horns
-Stock Servo Saver
-85 and 75mhz radio sign
-Stock Tranny Gears, from when the tranny was upgraded to HD. Nothing wrong with these.
-Stock Drive cups, go on tranny ends and both differential inputs
-Extra Clutch Springs
-NIB Never used 18t Clutchbell
-Used stock differential cases (4) were replaced with aluminum cups. Nothing wrong with these
-Tube of HPI Grease
-Stock gears for inside of differential, work fine
-Tranny to differential Dogbone(s) depending if i find the other one (stock, spare, are fine)

Broken Parts, i dont know why but i never really throw away broken parts:
-Broken Custom Delrin Half back cage
-2 stripped spurs
-2 broken arms

I believe that is all, i hope that helps give more accurate estimates. Thanks for your time, let me know what you think its worth.

-Pat

Last edited:
Not too sure since the X came out previoous models go down in price. I would consider making it a roller to sell and part out the Engine. If anything it would be worth 350 IMO. The engine is the only reason its that price. Depending on the overall condition that number could up or down.

First off, CLEAN IT UP!
For used RCs its difficult to know what its worth.

Two ways to find out.
1- Pick a price and post it for sale. See whats offered for it.
2- Post it on e-bay and its worth whatever you get for it.

You will never see close to what you want to get for any used RC. They are only worth what someone with cash in their pocket wants to give you for it.

thekonz said:
do you have the radio that goes with it for sale?

Well, I'm not sure I want to make the move out of rc yet but it would go with the truck. Why? You interested in the complete rtr package?

I think the $350 or best offer would be a good place to start. Since the X came out they dropped alot which sucks, but there still killer trucks. I wouldnt go any lower than $300 probably.

Why? You interested in the complete rtr package?

yea the thought did cross my mind, but I'm sort of lookin for a revo bc i have a savage i just got and I'm gonna fix it up, so i wanted to see how the two compared for myself. but i might think about it.

ok, well ill probably be cleaning up the savage soon and getting pictures of EVERYTHING to see what its worth. Let me know what you decide.

redhatman said:
ok, well ill probably be cleaning up the savage soon and getting pictures of EVERYTHING to see what its worth. Let me know what you decide.

A list of radio/recever woulda also help,Startup gear like glow igniter,fuel bottle and any other misc stuff would help.

well, i was thinking i would sell each with just their stuff rtr and then part out stuff like temp gun, glow ignitor, ect... if i sold both, otherwise i would keep the misc so i could still drive the other.

edit: new pics put on, and updated list and list of spares. Please look. thanks

If I'd have to guess, $300-$350.

It's a good truck, just outdated now like mine. I pondered selling the revo or savage, but with the revo 3.3 and savage X out, I'll keep them on a shelf.

My savage has a few upgrades yours doesn't, but I wouldn't expect to get more than $300 out of mine on a good day.

Back