Corvallis Oregon RC TRACK~!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pankey35OSU

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello,
My name is Keith Pankey and I am a college student at Oregon State University. I am from California where the outdoor off-road racing scene is huge. When I moved to the Pacific North West for school I could find only 3 or 4 tracks that are outside and those are in Washington for the most part. Well... I have teamed up with the local hobby shop and we have devized a plan to build a track of our own, a real race track. We have a plot of land 300ft by 300ft and bleachers and access to heavy equipmet to move the dirt, all we need is the man power. So for anyone close by that would like to lend a hand please Email me at ([email protected]). For anyone who wants to give suggestions on track design please add to this thread I want this to be a track people will love and will attract attention around here. Thanks!

-Keith Pankey

Welcome Keith, I am up North in Beaverton but we have a few tracks up here but a lil too far for you. here is a link to some of the tracks around the NW probably the closest for you would be Dave's RC track in hubbard, OR N. of you. They are electric only and open up as soon as weather permits but are top notch Dave and Annette(Owners) are real nice as well.

Thanks

Thanks for the help and because I play football here at OSU it would be hard to make events unless they started around 7 o 'clock on the week days, but if there are races that are on the weekend I would be able to make it. I race 1/8th nitro buggies, not that good but thats why I am so adimant about getting something done, paractice! So I am looking for a track and I was just thinking why not add to the options people should have up here you know? And I have already professionally designed a track and layed out all measurements. Heavy Equipment and the land for a parking lot and track. I am not talking about building a little rinky dink put put track. 12 foot lanes to let those buggies and truggies sing and I even made the stretches long enough for nitro racers but short enough where electrics arent getting to hot. I would just really love to see the finished porduct and a weekend of racing that is partly my doing you know? Well thanks for the help any other suggestons would be great!

-Keith Pankey

Where abouts are you building this track, i lived in lebanon for 9 months, my bro in law lives in corvallis. we are coming up that way in June from cali for a vacation

The track will be built at the flying field just north of Corvallis. We hope to complete it either by June or sometime within the month, if you are interested let me know and remind me to let you in on the status of things.

if you want to race before your track is done there is a race in medford april 9th and 10th. at RPM HOBBIES. they had one last weekend and it was a blast.the owner is cool and the track is fun. the guys from RCSX r/c supercross club in eugene are also building a big new track in harrisburg just to let you know of some options in oregon. they have a good club and held club races almost every weekend last year and are building a brand new track at this very moment.there is also a race series called the OREGON NITRO R/C TOUR or ORNCT starting in may. most of the info is on rctech and both ornct and rcsx have their own site. if your track is done and as big as you say its going to be talk to eugenejohn on rctech and maybe get your track added to the tour? just letting you know whats out there for nitro in oregon. i would like to check out your track when its done, and posting picks here and on rctech as you progress would help spark interest.

Thanks for that! I will most definetly post pics as soon as ground breaking happens. Also thank you for the info on the other places. If I am able to get the time between practice and school to head out to Medford I will. Thanks agian for the help and I will keep the progress posted.

-Kieth

I don't know if you are aware but there is an RC track (or there was a few years ago) in South Corvallis just past the mary's river. It is right next to a BMX track. We used to race there quite often.

I don't know if you are aware but there is an RC track (or there was a few years ago) in South Corvallis just past the mary's river. It is right next to a BMX track. We used to race there quite often.

what is the name of the track? is it a club or hobbyshop?

It doesn't really have a name and last time I was there we were the only ones maintaining it. The track is right after the bridge going over the mary's river on the left side, I don't remember what business its next to I will do some google map searching and get more details for you.

Yea my friends and I found it last winter and it was in really bad shape and we could only tell really where there was exposed pipe but we rented a roto tiller and cleared it up and killed all the grass in the running lane and built a few new jumps but for and 1/8th buggy like mine its just too small but its there and in decent shape if you wanna check it out. We take care of it but we used chemical to kill the grass so its not growing back anytime soon and the jumps and still nice. We were out there a few weeks ago and it was fun, but a real track with size would be much better.

Please post pics of the progress we love to see work in Progress pictures.

Any luck on the track on the north side of Corvallis, hows the other area by mary's river, i am coming up there for vacation soon and just would like some thing to check out

Its still in the County's hands. The track is designed so its just a matter of the County coming up with a decision which is taking forever. I will post something as soon as I find out. I am also trying to just find a private land owner to let me build it there to try and speed up the process.

Did you guys ever get anything started? If so, where is it and do you guys need a hand?

Back