Converting songs to .mp3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggyracer28

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just put a bunch of KoRn cd's into itunes, but its taking up wayyy too much space for my little nano.. Does anyone know how to convert these album songs to mp3?I want to put at least a few of these cd's on there. Thanks.

Is AAC the same thing as mp3? because itunes has that option. I think its only so it can be allowed to be played through itunes though. I don't know.

Last edited:
AAC is apple code, different from MP3. Sorry, can't help you. I tryed i tunes and quickly decided it was crap. You can only use something from the i pod family to play the stuff. Stick with MP3, you can use anything to play it.

well, most of my songs are downloaded (sorry lol) so I'm used to mp3, but whenever i want to have my cd's on there they take up so much fricken space... thanks though.

Buggyracer28 said:
well, most of my songs are downloaded (sorry lol) so I'm used to mp3, but whenever i want to have my cd's on there they take up so much fricken space... thanks though.
just wish I could have been more help, I hate i tunes. lol

Yeah, its retarded. They wont even let you transfer your songs from your ipod. So I had to go out and BUY a external 512mb usb thing and transfer each song from my old computer to my new.... :whhooo: it was... very fun.

I know somebody out there will disagree, but thats why I stick to windows media player. It may not be the best around but a lot of companies build stuff that support it.

Roxio lets you take cd tracks to mp3's. Each song is about 1mb per min while on the 128kbps mode and about 5mb for a 3min song on 192kbps mode.

You could try dbPowerAmp; I use it for all my enociding needs. They might have an AAC plugin on their site. Just pop that into google, and it should be the first thing that pops up.

Buggyracer28 said:
Yeah, its retarded. They wont even let you transfer your songs from your ipod. So I had to go out and BUY a external 512mb usb thing and transfer each song from my old computer to my new.... :whhooo: it was... very fun.

Winamp and ml_ipod plugin... It'd allow you to do that for free. Key thing is, you have to use an older version of winamp for it to work; the new versions have a 'portable music device' sync tool in it. You also have to disable the ipod service (or uninstall itunes, either way) for it to work.

Could I buy something thats specially made for this? so i dont have to mess anything up?

I stumbled on RazorLame when setting up my comp to make my own ringtones for my celly. It's an MP3 converter. I don't know if it will open .aac files, but here's the website. I suppose there's info there somewhere. I was just too lazy to read it.

http://www.mp3dev.org/

Well, you could pay for winamp..... but why, when there's a freebie version?

All you do is install the bundle version (version 5.0 or lower) (the largest free one, around a 7meg download), and then install the plugin. Then you go into the media library, plug in your ipod, and wait for the ipod to show up. Then you simply browse it and select the songs you want, then right click and select 'copy from ipod'. It'll copy the songs back out, and name them in the artist/album/track - title.mp3 format.

It sounds a little complicated, but that's the only reliable method I've found to copying songs out of the ipod that's free.

There are other methods, but they require a mac.

NO WAY?!!!! Man, i wish I knew that a little while ago when I had to send all my songs to my new computer.... I had to use a little 512mb usb lol. Thats really good news. I'm going to download it.

And that dBPowerAmp thing worked. :thumbsup:

I take everything I get on Itunes and burn it to CD. I then rip it back to my PC as MP3s. Now I can use them on anything that will play an MP3.