Converting from a 2, to a 3 or more shoe clutch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC10GT4fun

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have an RC10GT with the stock transmission and clutch and everything, and i'm pretty sure that i burned up my clutch when i made a trailer for my remote control boat, and made a trailer hitch for my truck and started towing it up and down the street, and up and down the drive way. The truck seems to run less QUICKLY, and you have to work a little more to get it to do donuts, but it still runs just as fast, so i'm assuming it's the clutch. But is it worth it to try to go from a 2 shoe clutch, to a 3 or 4 shoe clutch? I saw conversions before, but at the time my truck was still brand new.

Nick

upgrading your clutch just makes it grab easier.. if you wanna stay with a 2 clutch then get the aluminum shoes then... and get the OFNA gold springs..

the RC10GT was not designed to run springs. how would you put springs on it? i would like to do this to my nitro dual sport but I'm not sure how.