Converting an LST2 to Spektrum?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach Z

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm thinking of putting a Spektrum radio in my LST2, do I need to chage to the Spektrum servos as well? What is the difference between them other then the grey case on the spektrums?

the servos are the same..i think the lst has the high torque ones for steering and standard for throttle/brake. other than that they are the same, only the case is diff in color, but case is the same spec's. i broke the spektrum one and they gave me the black jr case, it fit right in. you can keep those servo's and put your spektrum rx and controller. if you still got reverse you can hook it up to the 3rd chanel.

If you want to keep the the 3rd channel, you will need the DX3.0. If you want took out the reverse( 3rd Chennel ) , than the DX2.0 is what you want.

Servo's would be best to upgrade those to a higher torque/speed rating for that beast.

I run spektrum dx2.0 and hi-tec 985 and 645 servos so no need for spektrum servos.

Some batteries or servo plugs wont fit and may need the little nub cut off the side off the side.

Wait for other input because I'm not for sure what kind of servos will or won't fit.

Sorry I couldn't help more!

I had JR650M drop right in. Two of those guys will turn the LST2 just fine. Just make sure you run a 5 cell 6V RX Pack.

I think I'm going to run a 3 channel just so I can keep reverse for bashing. I found this on A-main

Spektrum DX3.0 DSM 3CH Surface Radio System w/Servos (FREE SR3000 Receiver!)

$240 for transmitter, 2 receiver, 1 JR 590 servo and 1 JR270

Seems like a hell of a deal, I can use the light servo for reverse the heavy duty for throttle and then add two super high torque servos for steering, probably the 650's @ 142 oz/in vs. the stock 85 oz/in on the stockers.

Back