Controller question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hello I was hoping someone could help me. I have 3 mgt4.60 trying to build 2 trucks and 1 parts truck but I like the controller on the parts truck and would like to use it on one of the others. What's the easiest way to do this. Thanks in advance

Depending on the controller, you may be able to grab another receiver for the other truck. If your radio doesn't have a multiple model memory though you'll have to bind the transmitter to each truck every time you want to drive the other truck.

If you grab a Flysky GT3 B or C, you can store up to 10 models in it. So you just switch in the menu which truck you want to drive. So all you need is the radio, which comes with a receiver, and a second receiver for the other truck.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NHZDDVF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_i_FEKE3JPGBEEAXMWF992Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

What controller do you have @Newbie2 ?
I use one radio for several rigs, I simply buy extra receivers like Wicked mentioned.

Depending on the controller, you may be able to grab another receiver for the other truck. If your radio doesn't have a multiple model memory though you'll have to bind the transmitter to each truck every time you want to drive the other truck.

If you grab a Flysky GT3 B or C, you can store up to 10 models in it. So you just switch in the menu which truck you want to drive. So all you need is the radio, which comes with a receiver, and a second receiver for the other truck.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NHZDDVF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_i_FEKE3JPGBEEAXMWF992Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
This is what I have 1 truck is finished and runs. The other ones almost ready and the last one I got for parts. I'm on (limited funds) if ya know what I mean. I want to use the controller from the parts truck on the one that's almost there. Just not sure how. Thanks for your reply

This is what I have 1 truck is finished and runs. The other ones almost ready and the last one I got for parts. I'm on (limited funds) if ya know what I mean. I want to use the controller from the parts truck on the one that's almost there. Just not sure how. Thanks for your reply
Oh, so you have two controllers already? You just need to put the receiver from the parts truck into the truck you want to use the controller with.

20220527_183354.jpg
I forgot to send pics
Hello I was hoping someone could help me. I have 3 mgt4.60 trying to build 2 trucks and 1 parts truck but I like the controller on the parts truck and would like to use it on one of the others. What's the easiest way to do this. Thanks in advance
20220527_183339.jpg

Can you post pics of the rradio? The truck has the reciever. If its multiple models as stated, just buy recievers. If you want to spend no money, you can move the single reciever from truck to truck. I've done that before, and currently am right now.

The reciever is the box esc(electric) servos, and battery holders plug (nitro) into.

ch 1 steering
ch 2 go motor
use either a Y splitter to add battery or plug it into bat.

ch 1 steering
ch 2 go motor
use either a Y splitter to add battery or plug it into bat.
this is a nitro, and his chassis has 3 servo's
I'm confident it's:
ch 1 to steering,
ch 2 goes to throttle/brake servo,
ch 3 goes to transmission shift servo,

The receiver is inside the box I marked red, you have 3 servos on both chassis. I marked them yellow. Pay attention to each plug's location and just reconnect them the same way. Also pay attention to the red/black/white pins. I pulled an image of a Spectrum rx. It has 3 channels and a battery connector.
IMG_20220528_072625.jpg

IMG_20220528_073621.jpg

Back