conectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highflyin

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What does everyone use to connecct the wires that come frome the esc to the batter cells?

On race stuff, nothing! I hard wire everything. While that's not the easiest, it's the best.

The most popular connector out there is the Tamiya white connector. Honestly they are junk.

The best is probably WS Deans but they are a bit pricey. The connectors I like are Sermos/Power Poles/Lightspeed. They go by several names from several companies. They are the seperatable black and red connectors.

I'll dig up some pics later.

If you insist on using a plug the Deans plugs IMO are the only ones to get.

-Ed

The one and only.
The reason they are so popular is two fold.

First, they wont come apart while your driving.
Second, they have very little resistance.

My first choice is still hardwireing. Invest in a good soldering iron and not worry about connectors. Deans is a good second choice.

-Ed

How do u unconnect the wire from the batterys after you soldered it on? What is the best soldering iron?

Unsolder the wire. Just heat it up with the iron for a second or two and it comes off.

Hakko, Ungar and Weller make great irons. Something that gets 900* or more is what you are looking for for battery use.

Irons go for from $35-$50 range and stations in the $100 range.

Thanks wardo and fasteddy. I m going to hardwire them.

Your better off.
Don't skimp on an iron. get a good one that has replaceable tips. One good iron will last for MANY years. Mine is a Weller and I have had it for around 15 years and it probably has another 15 left on it.

-Ed