Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Move

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
This is my old CE Turbo 35 GFX. I had Lipo had not come out yet when I left Rc racing and I'm told I could have the software updated for the newer batteries. What's your thoughts?

Can you dyno the newer batteries?
Can you dyno the brushless motors or is there better equipment out there?

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

It was so nice to ditch the discharge bulbs for the NiCAD's when I bought this charger. Then NiMH came out and let the games begin!! For a while I'd run a 8T single in open and would be amazed at the before and after numbers on the cell's used. Those motors would suck the life out of a new assembly!! (Dirt Oval, a lot of WOT for 4min)

Last edited:
I don't know. I would send a email to competition electronics website and see. I would say no though cause the brushless motors are AC I beilve and brushed motors are strickly DC. So not sure.

You can get a brushless motor analyzer for about $70. A lot of times people will share one at the track, but it's always nice to have your own equipment. If you are thinking about stock/spec class racing, some craziness goes into getting out the best of your LiPo batteries...charging at high amps to lower internal resistance...is it worth it? Some will say yes.

This is my old CE Turbo 35 GFX. I had Lipo had not come out yet when I left Rc racing and I'm told I could have the software updated for the newer batteries. What's your thoughts?

Can you dyno the newer batteries?
Can you dyno the brushless motors or is there better equipment out there?

View attachment 119015

View attachment 119016

It was so nice to ditch the discharge bulbs for the NiCAD's when I bought this charger. Then NiMH came out and let the games begin!! For a while I'd run a 8T single in open and would be amazed at the before and after numbers on the cell's used. Those motors would suck the life out of a new assembly!! (Dirt Oval, a lot of WOT for 4min)
Would you like to sell your charger?

Back